Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Backup Save State
04-15-2020, 01:27 AM
Backup Save State
New to the ppsspp, awesome emulator. i searched the forums but cant find my specific problem. I love to use the save state function on the UI, but by mistake i overwritten a save state file with alot of hours of FF tactics. I see the backup saved state that i need (icon and a .undo file) but i click on it and it just show the jpeg icon, and the "load save state" file drop down menu is all greyed out. I tried everything and i cant figure out how to load that backup ppsspp created. So much thanks for any help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2020, 09:54 PM
RE: Backup Save State
If you rename the file (removing .undo), it should be able to load it. If it still can't load it, that may mean something corrupted the old state too.

I strongly suggest making normal in game saves, as save states simulate a situation PSP developers didn't test well: playing games for hours on end without restarting the game. Just like sometimes issues with a computer can be fixed simply by restarting it, some games have bugs when you run them too long in one sitting. A save state just keeps that going from a game bugs perspective.

In game saves are also more portable between PPSSPP versions, different PSP emulators, or even real PSPs. They're just better, except you can't always make them from anywhere.

-[Unknown]
04-15-2020, 10:01 PM
RE: Backup Save State
That did the trick! (removing .undo ) Thank you!