Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can someone please help a n00b with a font issue?
10-02-2019, 03:06 AM
Can someone please help a n00b with a font issue?
I'm playing Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection on my Dell Laptop using version 1.9, and everything is working fine, except for the font in the dialogue boxes and menus becomes so thin it's unreadable as the text goes from the left (normal size) to the right (squished sideways so that all letters look like l's). Is there any setting I can change to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help!    
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2019, 05:30 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2019 05:31 AM by LG Fanatic.)
RE: Can someone please help a n00b with a font issue?
It's because PPSSPP uses emulated(correct me if I'm wrong) fonts as genuine PSP fonts are copyrighted by Sony. It, as you've seen in your game, can cause some issues with text. You can fix this by installing genuine PSP fonts. Just do a google search for it and put the font files in a folder named "font" and put that in a folder named "flash0" and put that folder in the "PSP" folder. After that, launch PPSSPP and it should automatically load the new fonts.
10-03-2019, 05:05 PM
(10-03-2019 05:30 AM)LG Fanatic Wrote:  It's because PPSSPP uses emulated(correct me if I'm wrong) fonts as genuine PSP fonts are copyrighted by Sony. It, as you've seen in your game, can cause some issues with text. You can fix this by installing genuine PSP fonts. Just do a google search for it and put the font files in a folder named "font" and put that in a folder named "flash0" and put that folder in the "PSP" folder. After that, launch PPSSPP and it should automatically load the new fonts.

Thank you very much!
10-05-2019, 05:55 PM
You're welcome! Glad I could help. Smile