Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1.8.0 compatibility tests
03-17-2019, 10:27 AM
1.8.0 compatibility tests
I always eagerly await a new version of PPSSPP and as soon as a new version comes out (at least as soon as I see it), I immediately test the games that have given me problems in past versions. All of the following were tested in the Windows 32-bit version of PPSSPP 1.8.0 with the default configuration. No changes to the settings were made other than mapping the controls. I also didn't apply any cheats/fixes because I wanted to test the program as-is.

This isn't to complain, I think PPSSPP is a great program, I just want to let people know what works and what doesn't with the latest version.

Now working
------------
Fortix - No longer crashes PPSSPP
SOCOM - US Navy SEALs Tactical Strike - No longer has corrupted graphics

Still not working
---------------
Activision Hits Remastered - Doesn't boot
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars - Crashes PPSSPP
Pangya Fantasy Golf - Doesn't boot
Qix++ - Menus are slightly corrupted, goes off into limbo when you try to start a game
Resistance Retribution - Freezes after opening cutscene, crashes MS Visual C++
Speedball 2: Evolution - Doesn't boot
Xyanide Resurrection - Game freezes before first level starts, worked in a previous version

Still unplayable
--------------
After Burner: Black Falcon - Technically playable, but constant audio tone will drive you insane
Cars: Race-O-Rama - Screen is obscured during races
MX vs ATV: Reflex - Screen is obscured during races
MX vs ATV: Untamed - Screen is obscured during races

Still playable with minor problems
-------------------------------
Colin McRae: Dirt 2 - Car graphics are too bright
FlatOut: Head On - Music track keeps switching every few seconds
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights - Looks like a graphic overlay on the screen
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge - No sound in races, too bright, glitching shadows
Shrek: Smash N Crash Racing - Hangs on loading screens, save/load state fixes it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2019, 06:47 PM
RE: 1.8.0 compatibility tests
It seems I was mistaken about Fortix. When I first downloaded 1.8.0, I played through several levels of Fortix with no problems. Now it crashes on me and I have no idea why. Sad
05-16-2019, 12:55 PM
I've been waiting for years to be able to play MotorStorm: Arctic Edge, and I see updates that do not correct the sound and excess brightness Sad
05-23-2019, 07:24 AM
(05-16-2019 12:55 PM)onixdelgado Wrote:  I've been waiting for years to be able to play MotorStorm: Arctic Edge, and I see updates that do not correct the sound and excess brightness Sad
There are fixes for that. Check this thread;

https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=22787

What you need to do is go into PPSSPP's System menu and check the box for Enable Cheats, then run the game. Quit the emulator and find PPSSPP's data directory. If you just unzipped the archive and ran PPSSPP that way, it will be in PPSSPP's directory in "memstick/psp/". If you installed PPSSPP with the installer, then it will be in your user directory in Documents and Settings, Users, or whatever Microsoft is calling their users' directory this week. Search in there for "PSP".

When you find it, go into the PSP directory and you should see a directory in there called "Cheats". Look in there and you should find an INI file with the ID number of your copy of the game (US, Euro, etc). Edit the INI file and copy the appropriate bits from the post I linked above for whichever version you have, then save the file. Make sure you only copy the ones that match your game's ID number.

Run the game again and pause it, and there should be a Cheats option. Click it and there will be options to enable the various fixes. Smile

I recorded a video of it running in PPSSPP 1.8.0 with the fixes;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFUClht5nnM

I don't have capture software, so I literally pointed a camera at the screen. I know parts of it look too bright, but that's the fault of the camera's light sensor, the game looks fine when you're playing it.
05-23-2019, 07:48 PM
Danganronpa 1 English Translation worked on 0.9.1 but doesn't in the latest version 1.8.0.
Object investigation issue.
The "Read Framebuffers To Memory(CPU)" setting existed in the previous version and it allowed the game to work. Neither current setting is compatible.
I necro'd the Danganronpa thread with 2 capture videos to further highlight the issue in detail. Although it looks like the reply either takes some time for it to actually kick in, or some glitch threw my reply in the garbage.