Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
saved state problem
09-16-2018, 03:40 PM
saved state problem
Hi community, i using PSP 1.6.3 on windows 10, Ubuntu 18.04 and Android 7. The game i´m testing is "kidou_senshi_gundam_-_gundam_vs_gundam_next_plus_japan".

When i copy my save state from windows or android to the other platforms the saved state works great. But a saved state created on Ubuntu 18.04 appears corrupt on the other 2 platforms, the strange is this "apparently" weird saved states works great on Ubuntu 18.04.

Before i copy the files i check permissions on my user on Ubuntu 18.04 and this have "rwx" for this folder.

I activate the debug mode on Windows and Android but i cant find any debug file. ¿where this files are located?

Please forgive my English, is not my native language.

PD: Remember, always attack ideas, never people.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2018, 03:20 AM
RE: saved state problem
Can you try using the latest git build on each one? Just in case there's a slight difference in version.

Is it only happening with this game, or does it happen with other games too?

One thing that would really help is if you edit ppsspp.ini (on Linux, it's in ~/.config/ppsspp/PSP/SYSTEM/, on Windows it's in the same folder as the exe /memstick/PSP/SYSTEM, or My Documents/PSP/SYSTEM) and find this:

AutoRun = True

Then change it to:

AutoRun = False

Now, load the game and it will start out trapped by the debugger. Go to the menu and create a save state now - then attach each save state here. In theory, the two save state files should be nearly identical (there'll be a timestamp in them so not 100% identical.) If the Linux save state doesn't load on Windows, I should be able to figure out the difference.

If that one works, but a later one doesn't, then it'd help to try to create a save state near the same spot (maybe right after loading an in-game save) that has the problem. There will be more differences in this, because it's inevitable that you'll take a fraction of a second longer somewhere to make the save state, but we might still be able to figure it out from that.

Hopefully the issue is just that the Ubuntu version is using a newer build, though.

-[Unknown]
09-18-2018, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2018 04:57 PM by brito9112.)
(09-17-2018 03:20 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Can you try using the latest git build on each one? Just in case there's a slight difference in version.

One thing that would really help is if you edit ppsspp.ini (on Linux, it's in ~/.config/ppsspp/PSP/SYSTEM/, on Windows it's in the same folder as the exe /memstick/PSP/SYSTEM, or My Documents/PSP/SYSTEM) and find this:

AutoRun = True

Then change it to:

AutoRun = False

Now, load the game and it will start out trapped by the debugger. Go to the menu and create a save state now - then attach each save state here. In theory, the two save state files should be nearly identical (there'll be a timestamp in them so not 100% identical.) If the Linux save state doesn't load on Windows, I should be able to figure out the difference.

If that one works, but a later one doesn't, then it'd help to try to create a save state near the same spot (maybe right after loading an in-game save) that has the problem. There will be more differences in this, because it's inevitable that you'll take a fraction of a second longer somewhere to make the save state, but we might still be able to figure it out from that.

Hopefully the issue is just that the Ubuntu version is using a newer build, though.

-[Unknown]

Hi, this attachment is the output on the Debug console using gundam game, in this moment i was using W7 as base OS, the save of the error was made on Ubuntu 18.04. Latter i will publish the links to the save state that you ask. I only have 2 games. Dante's Inferno and Gundam. The save state problem is present on both of them.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-18-2018, 10:43 PM
(09-17-2018 03:20 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Can you try using the latest git build on each one? Just in case there's a slight difference in version.

AutoRun = True

Then change it to:

AutoRun = False

-[Unknown]

I make the 2 saved states and they are here mega.nz/#F!zBojHQob!xGh4I7Nir_XFHYS_2A_dAA. Both are close to the same time no matter the moment when you create the save, the games (Gundam and Dante's Inferno) still crash, you can find the game in coolrom.com/roms/psp/45604/Kidou_Senshi_Gundam_-_Gundam_vs._Gundam_NEXT_PLUS_(Japan).php
09-30-2018, 04:37 PM
Sorry, I don't own the game so I can't download it.

But, I did take a look at the state file. The Linux save state appears to be from a newer version of PPSSPP than v1.6.3, and the windows version is just v1.6.3.

It should fix it to use the latest git build on both devices. Save states can't go backwards, older versions aren't compatible (e.g. latest git linux save states cannot be loaded by v1.6.3 Windows.)

-[Unknown]
09-30-2018, 05:38 PM
i just download both versions from the project web page. This means that i have to compile my own version of the program on windows?
10-01-2018, 01:45 AM
You can, but there's no need, just move down on the download page where you can find buildbot or enter the buildbot site directly. It has automated builds for android and windows as those are primary platforms of PPSSPP, just pick whichever you need.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
10-07-2018, 07:24 PM
Tanks for the link, but i have another question now, what package of ffmpeg do i have to install on ubuntu to compile successfully the program?

This last question is because i have now a lower version on my ubuntu machine, and the link that you gave me not have the linux build.
10-07-2018, 09:29 PM
It comes with ffmpeg in the ffmpeg/ subdirectory which is the right version.

It must not be libav, and must be FFmpeg. FFmpeg and libav often change their API in subtle ways, so if you use a different version you may get crashes, glitched videos/music, or missing videos/music. We compile against FFmpeg 3.0.2 currently.

I'd strongly suggest statically linking with the ffmpeg/ subdirectory version.

-[Unknown]
10-10-2018, 02:26 PM
This is the output that comes whe i try to compile

1st I execute b.sh.

./b.sh
Building for native host.
~/alex/ppsspp-master/build ~/alex/ppsspp-master
Normal Build
Using X11 for Vulkan
-- No build type selected, default to Release
CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR: x86_64
Generating for x86, Release
Generating for x86_64, Release
CMake Error at ext/CMakeLists.txt:3 (add_subdirectory):
The source directory

/home/jose/alex/ppsspp-master/ext/armips

does not contain a CMakeLists.txt file.

-- Could NOT find GLEW (missing: GLEW_INCLUDE_DIR GLEW_LIBRARY)
CMake Error at ext/CMakeLists.txt:11 (add_subdirectory):
The source directory

/home/jose/alex/ppsspp-master/ext/glslang

does not contain a CMakeLists.txt file.

-- Could NOT find Snappy (missing: SNAPPY_LIBRARIES SNAPPY_INCLUDE_DIR)
CMake Error at cmake/Modules/FindFFmpeg.cmake:147 (list):
list sub-command REMOVE_DUPLICATES requires list to be present.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:543 (find_package)

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.10/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:137 (message):
Could NOT find FFmpeg (missing: FFmpeg_INCLUDE_avcodec
FFmpeg_LIBRARY_avcodec FFmpeg_INCLUDE_avformat FFmpeg_LIBRARY_avformat
FFmpeg_INCLUDE_avutil FFmpeg_LIBRARY_avutil FFmpeg_INCLUDE_swresample
FFmpeg_LIBRARY_swresample FFmpeg_INCLUDE_swscale FFmpeg_LIBRARY_swscale
avcodec avformat avutil swresample swscale)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/share/cmake-3.10/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:378 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
cmake/Modules/FindFFmpeg.cmake:154 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
CMakeLists.txt:543 (find_package)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/jose/alex/ppsspp-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/jose/alex/ppsspp-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

this is CMakeError.log

Determining if the pthread_create exist failed with the following output:
Change Dir: /home/jose/alex/ppsspp-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:"/usr/bin/make" "cmTC_e771e/fast"
/usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_e771e.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_e771e.dir/build
make[1]: se entra en el directorio '/home/jose/alex/ppsspp-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_e771e.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o
/usr/bin/cc -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_e771e.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o -c /home/jose/alex/ppsspp-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.c
Linking C executable cmTC_e771e
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/cmTC_e771e.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/cc CMakeFiles/cmTC_e771e.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o -o cmTC_e771e
CMakeFiles/cmTC_e771e.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o: En la función `main':
CheckSymbolExists.cSad.text+0x1b): referencia a `pthread_create' sin definir
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/cmTC_e771e.dir/build.make:97: recipe for target 'cmTC_e771e' failed
make[1]: *** [cmTC_e771e] Error 1
make[1]: se sale del directorio '/home/jose/alex/ppsspp-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Makefile:126: recipe for target 'cmTC_e771e/fast' failed
make: *** [cmTC_e771e/fast] Error 2

File /home/jose/alex/ppsspp-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.c:
/* */
#include <pthread.h>

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
(void)argv;
#ifndef pthread_create
return ((int*)(&pthread_create))[argc];
#else
(void)argc;
return 0;
#endif
}

Determining if the function pthread_create exists in the pthreads failed with the following output:
Change Dir: /home/jose/alex/ppsspp-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:"/usr/bin/make" "cmTC_a3511/fast"
/usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_a3511.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_a3511.dir/build
make[1]: se entra en el directorio '/home/jose/alex/ppsspp-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_a3511.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o
/usr/bin/cc -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=pthread_create -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_a3511.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o -c /usr/share/cmake-3.10/Modules/CheckFunctionExists.c
Linking C executable cmTC_a3511
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/cmTC_a3511.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/cc -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=pthread_create CMakeFiles/cmTC_a3511.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o -o cmTC_a3511 -lpthreads
/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: no se puede encontrar -lpthreads
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/cmTC_a3511.dir/build.make:97: recipe for target 'cmTC_a3511' failed
make[1]: *** [cmTC_a3511] Error 1
make[1]: se sale del directorio '/home/jose/alex/ppsspp-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Makefile:126: recipe for target 'cmTC_a3511/fast' failed
make: *** [cmTC_a3511/fast] Error 2

and this is my dpkg -l | grep ffmpeg
ii ffmpeg 7:3.4.4-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 amd64 Tools for transcoding, streaming and playing of multimedia files
ii ffmpegthumbnailer 2.1.1-0.1build1 amd64 fast and lightweight video thumbnailer
ii libffmpegthumbnailer4v5 2.1.1-0.1build1 amd64 shared library for ffmpegthumbnailer
ii winff 1.5.5-4 all graphical video and audio batch converter using ffmpeg or avconv

Any idea what may fail when i try to compile the program

Thanks for your time
10-11-2018, 02:46 AM
Ah, that means you didn't clone with --recursive. You can go into the /home/jose/alex/ppsspp-master folder and use git submodule update.

Basically, we use libraries and code that other people have written. If you clone our repo or download the zip from GitHub, that ONLY contains ppsspp's code. It doesn't contain ffmpeg, armips, glslang, etc.

Also make sure you've run:

sudo apt-get install build-essential

This should give you pthreads.

-[Unknown]
10-13-2018, 01:11 PM
Unfortunately using Git is imposible for me, is posible to download a zip ready to compile?