Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP keeps crashing with latest electra jailbreak
07-07-2018, 04:45 PM
Photo PPSSPP keeps crashing with latest electra jailbreak
I am on ios 11.3.1 w/ electra jailbreak on an Iphone 7+, and I'm having a pretty bad problem with ppsspp (both "working" and "stable" versions from the official repo.) After a while of having the emulator open, or in the background, or just occasionally at random intervals, the emulator will crash. However, when ppsspp crashes, it is physically impossible for me to re-open the emulator. All that happens when I try opening the emulator is that it will get "stuck" showing a random image from any point when I was using it earlier. My phone will also become very slow and unresponsive until I can close the emulator (if my phone does not even up crashing and restarting in an unjailbroken state.) This also causes an extremely annoying issue with electra that I only get when my phone crashes due to ppsspp.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2018, 07:17 PM
RE: PPSSPP keeps crashing with latest electra jailbreak
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/9186

I believe this is caused by exploiting an iOS bug that allows us to use jit. Someday, possibly soon, Apple will fix that bug and it will no longer be possible to use jit. For now, people have reported that using "Exit" instead of app switching works.

-[Unknown]
07-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Brick RE: PPSSPP keeps crashing with latest electra jailbreak
(07-07-2018 07:17 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/9186

I believe this is caused by exploiting an iOS bug that allows us to use jit. Someday, possibly soon, Apple will fix that bug and it will no longer be possible to use jit. For now, people have reported that using "Exit" instead of app switching works.

-[Unknown]

"Exit" instead of app switching worked on older jailbroken iphones like ios 10.1
now with electra this trick doesnt work...

i noticed also with ios 10.1 with extra recipe jailbreak , ppsspp-dev-working_0v1.5.4-609-gbc339 was working fine with no bugs, until i upgraded to 11.3.1 with electra.

Here is the deb file if someone wants it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vb3dd9id3103gk...1.deb?dl=0

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-08-2018, 08:36 PM
Unfortunately, it shouldn't be surprising in the least that iOS updates make PPSSPP run worse. PPSSPP isn't (and can't really be) officially supported on iOS, because it's not allowed by Apple on that platform. Jailbreaks can only do so much to fight against this.

This is the line that causes the app exit issue, and also the line that makes jit function without a jailbreak:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/blob/...in.mm#L152

You can try removing it. Either jit won't work, or maybe the jailbreak will fix that and the app exit issue will be gone. Hard to say.

Apple has already announced this API will be removed in some future version. It might already be disabled in iOS 11, I'm not sure.

-[Unknown]
07-21-2018, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2018 02:51 AM by steve93.)
If someone can fix this i am donating 50$ via paypal. thanks
07-21-2018, 09:44 AM
(07-21-2018 02:50 AM)steve93 Wrote:  If someone can fix this i am donating 50$ via paypal. thanks

LOL. Then ask Apple to stop being DERPS.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
08-04-2018, 12:40 AM
i wish i could