Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AutoRotation setting gone (android)
12-11-2017, 06:19 PM
AutoRotation setting gone (android)
Hello.
I'm trying this revisions of emualtor v1.4.2-895.apk, ppsspp-v1.5.4-93.apk - there is no auto setting like here.

"
PHP Code:
2.bp.blogspot.com/-qLCPd0exoUM/VmIft_lKDjI/AAAAAAAABJA/4C21VDHQnz0/s640/setting-orientasi-ppsspp.png 
"

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2017, 08:27 PM
RE: AutoRotation setting gone (android)
It was killed.

That means intentionally removed for causing problems and annoying wrong person shortly before release;p.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-12-2017, 09:50 AM
Do you really, really need it? I think it's better to lock orientation. Plus, many quick rotation changes, which it could cause, was prone to crashing the emulator and misbehaved on my Nexus 5X. Now, we've fixed most of those bugs, but I still think it's not worth much effort to keep it.
12-12-2017, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2017 02:01 PM by qwer4321.)
(12-12-2017 09:50 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Do you really, really need it? I think it's better to lock orientation. Plus, many quick rotation changes, which it could cause, was prone to crashing the emulator and misbehaved on my Nexus 5X. Now, we've fixed most of those bugs, but I still think it's not worth much effort to keep it.

This function comes very handy - for example then I play game that needs to press cross an X a lot - and I often accidentally tap buttons (home;back;menu) - I can in one second rotate my phone to move this 3 buttons to other side, so I will not accidentally tap them.

On my "Redmi4A" I don't notice any bugs related to autorotation.
A minor trouble is - if rotate by 90 degrees (from landscape to portrait) - the sound is hang for some milliseconds (about 200-500ms).

Also I recently play with PSPKVM - some programs (maps; browsers; bookreaders) is understanding landscape resolutions - like 480x272, but most sprite based games is designed only for portrait mode (128x160). In this situation autorotate and proper stretching also help a lot. (PSPKvm itself dosent have any rotation feature).

Also texture upscaling (xBRz) in PSPKvm work's only for one frame (then it was enabled) - on the next frame it fallback to non upscaled textures.

By the way can you add separate zooming coefficient for horizontal and vertical (X and Y). Will be helpful for PSPKVM.

PS: Can I place some bug reports here? I don't want to produce a lot of threads.
12-12-2017, 07:47 PM
Bugs are best reported here, make sure to use search before opening new one through as that's an issue tracker used to currently track over 800 opened issues, duplicates just make things harder to find.

Things like xBRZ not applying to all textures isn't really an issue, just a side effect of few things:
- texture scaling runs on cpu and can be extremely slow hence PPSSPP doesn't scale things that constantly change and is also limited to number of texels scaled per frame,
- software you're running since PSPKVM is an emulator probably copy bytes directly to VRAM(which hardware rendering can't even detect;p) and/or PPSSPP can only see 1 texture which is complete, rendered frame different each time and as such will not be scaled.

Per texture shaders might solve that by providing very fast scaling that doesn't need limits, but if the only texture PPSSPP sees from such emulators is finished render and no additional resizing or blurring is added later, it might not differ much if at all from simply using full screen scaling through post process shader like 5xBR.:]
Running emulator inside an emulator is generally not recommended and a lot of problems should be expected, most emulator homebrew will for example not display menus unless you use software rendering(which is very slow and hidden on androidTongue), there's really no workaround for that.:]

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-14-2017, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2017 05:34 PM by qwer4321.)
Bring back autorotate setting please - in resources just change string "Auto" to "Auto (buggy)" (thou I don't have any bugs with it). So anybody will aware what in can create bugs.

(12-12-2017 07:47 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Bugs are best reported here...
Sorry I don't know how to use this service.
Copy this to right place please.

SilentHill Shattered Memories. Game finished under ver 1.4.2
1. FlashLight lights through objects - broken in revisions starting betwin 1.4.2-1 - 1.4.2-803.
2. PPSSPP Android 1.4.2 - ingame save's doesn't work (any autosave activity - get broken save file). PC version 1.4.2 work correctly.
3. Mirrow's show rainbow texture above mirror surface. In rare cases correct mirrow picture is seen under rainbow texture.
4. Game is very CPU intensive (also use lot of GPU-MEM bandwidth).
5. FlashLight does not make shadows - because of that riddle in the art room can't be solved without internet hints.
6. Disable stencil test - show ghost correctly, but show's black-string texture in many places.
Enable stencil test - no black-string textures, but all ghost are showed as gray-noisy squares.

Else:
7. PPSSPP doesn't set the internal PSP clock right. Only minutes is correct. Hours is set to "UTC-0" ignoring system settings ("UTC +3:00" for example).
8. v1.5.4-93 - postprocessing shaders doesn't do anything
9. LatestRevisions. Win7, GeForce GT440. Only OpenGL backend is working. DX9, DX11, Vulkan - none of them working. Does ppsspp search *.dll (D3DCompiler_43.dll; d3dx9_43.dll... etc) in current path, or at least in %path% ???

(12-12-2017 07:47 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  PPSSPP doesn't scale things that constantly change...

I think this is the matter.

(12-12-2017 07:47 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  ... finished render and no additional resizing or blurring is added later, it might not differ much if at all from simply using full screen scaling through post process shader like 5xBR.:]

Yes I think I will use this then. But I'm not sure what smartphone GPU will be fast enough.

(12-12-2017 07:47 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Running emulator inside an emulator is generally not recommended and a lot of problems should be expected
Does any other emulator of j2me on an Android exist? (android6+, not 2.1).

(12-12-2017 07:47 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  , most emulator homebrew will for example not display menus unless you use software rendering(which is very slow and hidden on androidTongue), there's really no workaround for that.:]
Why it's hidden? Menu doesn't that slow.