Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Soul Calibur IV.5 (Soul Calibur Broken Destiny HD Remaster Project)
09-01-2017, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2017 07:31 PM by Tetraspore.)
Soul Calibur IV.5 (Soul Calibur Broken Destiny HD Remaster Project)
Hello everyone! I am here to present a little proof-of-concept I've been working on.

Yesterday, I went through the process of replacing many of Sophitia's textures with the ones from SCIV, and they look pretty good in game! This is just a quick-and-dirty texture replacement, so I wasn't as careful as I would be and there are some bugs, a few textures haven't been replaced (her earrings, skin, and weaponry), I just wanted to get an idea as to how it would look in game, should I want to continue. I've provided two screenshots attached to this post. One is textured, one is untextured, it should be pretty clear as to which is which.

I'm probably going to start with the UI in its entirety first, and then work my way to characters.

There used to be a pack of all of the characters from SCIV uploaded to Megaupload, however that link is totally dead. So, I'll probably need to rip the textures either from XNAlara models, GMod models (does not contain every character/costume), or just rip them myself (Need to colorize the textures as they come black and white-- kind of a PITA.)

If possible, I'd also like to figure out if I can swap the voiced audio on the ISO itself with voiced audio from the PS3/Xbox360 versions of SCIV.

If also possible, I'd like to tweak the UI scaling for a few things and bring it closer to the console versions of the game, something I'd need to do within the ISO, but I just don't know how to go about that.

SO! That all being said, is there anyone who would be interested in working on this project with me? I've always wanted to play SCIV on my PC, and so far, this would be the next best thing aside from a PS3/Xbox emlulator.

(ALSO: If this is the wrong place for this kind of thread, please move it-- I couldn't find a specific sub-forum for texture replacements)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply