Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Mouse support
04-19-2017, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2017 04:40 PM by shukr.)
Wink Mouse support
Can you add support for Mouse ?

For example, i can play on other emulator with a Mouse

I played 3 days ago Serious Sam - Next Encounter with a Mouse and it played very good.

I Would love to play Syphon Filter - Dark Mirror with a Mouse

Code:
s3.postimg.org/7sxm0yapv/ppsspp.jpg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: Mouse support
Keep in mind the even if it is added it won't work like dolphin with a mouse since camera controls are rarely (if ever.... maybe one of the obscure fps games dose it) analog on a PSP (physical hardware) due to the system's limitations (control layout).

As far as syphon filter dark mirror goes your best bet for controls like dolphin's in it would be playing the PS2 version in PCSX2 due to the different control scheme of the PS2.
04-20-2017, 03:49 PM
I don't know c++ but i don't think is hard to program the Mouse Support (allow to see Axis Y+ , Axis Y- , Axis X+ , Axis X-)

I think it takes 5 minutes of programing Big Grin
04-20-2017, 04:38 PM
(04-20-2017 03:49 PM)shukr Wrote:  I don't know c++ but i don't think is hard to program the Mouse Support (allow to see Axis Y+ , Axis Y- , Axis X+ , Axis X-)

Myea, no. It does not work like that.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
04-20-2017, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2017 04:44 PM by shukr.)
(04-20-2017 04:38 PM)Asferot Wrote:  
(04-20-2017 03:49 PM)shukr Wrote:  I don't know c++ but i don't think is hard to program the Mouse Support (allow to see Axis Y+ , Axis Y- , Axis X+ , Axis X-)

Myea, no. It does not work like that.

1 hour ago i found out that the PS2 Emulator has Mouse Support...
So 2 emulators (PS2\GameCube emulators) have mouse support and it can't be done on ppsspp with the next patch ?
Is it that hard to program Axis Y & Axis X ?
04-20-2017, 05:22 PM
i dont know how hard is to implement mouse axis support but i do know that in most games that uses camera u dont have analog movement detection but digital
if you still dont understand let me give you most basic example

if you control camera with D-pad there are only 2 options On and Off
so in short of it game only detects digital movement if you are pressing button to rotate camera or not

if you will have mouse support no matter if you move your mouse fast or slow it will move with same speed and you will end up trying by your instinct move mouse faster to rotate camera faster which will give you same effect as moving mouse slow < and thats digital mode

analog mode on other hand is measured by how fast you move analog/mouse and that would work but problem is not many games uses analog to rotate camera so whats the point?

reason why it works for dolphin gamecube AND WII emulator most wii games uses full analog mode to do sh!t cause it should detects where you are pointing your wiimote and that is easy to emulate with mouse

idk how it translates to GC games but i assume it uses 2nd analog for camera rotation control so that is also easy to do
BUT NOT IN DIGITAL MODE WHERE YOU CONTROL CAMERA WITH D-PAD

and if u insist on having mouse control in ppsspp i can give you program that will emulate mouse movements in digital mode to certain keys so you can experience it your self

here a lecture for you if your so hyped about mouse suport
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?pid=92625

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
04-20-2017, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2017 06:12 PM by shukr.)
I don't say it will play better but at least i have the option.
Isn't it why this forum exist, to make it better with ideeas.
This is my stupid ideea.
It's not bad to have more options to play a game
04-20-2017, 06:20 PM
trust me im more with you than any1 else because i believe its better if they leave us option to choose instead of forcing us to do anything as someone else intended

but in the end its literally useless like i requested once volume control bar in the main menu cause this would be useful for many ppl but in the end we all play in 1 volume setting and dont give 2 fu#k$ about it

same with mouse support and well i think there are far more important things to do with ppsspp but dont give up if you think ppsspp would benefit from mouse support then keep requesting it and well who knows

GL

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
04-20-2017, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2017 07:14 PM by shukr.)
(04-20-2017 06:20 PM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  trust me im more with you than any1 else because i believe its better if they leave us option to choose instead of forcing us to do anything as someone else intended

but in the end its literally useless like i requested once volume control bar in the main menu cause this would be useful for many ppl but in the end we all play in 1 volume setting and dont give 2 fu#k$ about it

same with mouse support and well i think there are far more important things to do with ppsspp but dont give up if you think ppsspp would benefit from mouse support then keep requesting it and well who knows

GL

Maybe the Mouse Support is "useless" but more options = good (all PC Gamers say this)

For example i wanna play Syphon Filter games with the F's (F1, F2, F3...) but i can't because the emulators don't allow it ...

It's fun to play a game how it's NOT meant to be played

For example 1-2 years ago i've played Syphon Filter 2 (PS1) on a Steering Wheel from Thrust Master , it's extremely fun to play it like that

Play a 3rd Person Shooter with a Steering Wheel , yo're gonna laugh your ass off , i did Big Grin

Having more options is good , not "useless"

PC gaming is made for so called "useless" things , that's what makes PC gaming better than Console gaming (more options) ...

I want that "useless" option in the next update Big Grin
04-20-2017, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2017 07:51 PM by ZeroX4.)
problem is not in fact that it would be useless but in that someone would need to sacrifice time to implement it
and that would be only minor change

i know doing things you should not be meant to do is best things to do but well there are options like autohotkey
where you could switch F1 with for example Z key and then bind something to Z key and in autohotkey swap Z and F1 so when you
press F1 for emulator would be like you press Z key so it is possible do some changes on your own

but is it worth your time to go trough learning how to do working scripts (which is not hard) in autohotkey? just to be able to customize F1?
same goes with someone implementing mouse support

i need to to start reading what i write my god well hope you did understand too lazy to edit

04-28-2017, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2017 06:48 AM by LunaMoo.)
Just to inform - new ppsspp includes mouse control ~ for windows.

Enable it on controls screen, then you get new icon "M" in control mapping screen which allows mapping mouse. It also makes some other changes, like disables double click fullscreen and hides the mouse cursor in-game. Has an option to confine the cursor within display window when the game is running as well as some tweaks.

From my testing, there are 2 primary problems why mouse control feels bad:
1) Lack of proper analog translation, most games, even those that used left thumbstick in analog mode end up treating it like digital input and slap some acceleration on top of it which means the camera speed is not affected by how fast or slow you move the mouse, but by how long you're continuosly moving it if at all as many games just have a constant speed.
2) Even if the game would have analog controls, the problem would still be Small range of speed between minimum and maximum speed as moving analog stick never offers instant-fast changing of directions.

No emulator-side tweak or setting can really deal with those two problems since they're in the game design, so most games will be pretty poor when controlled by mouse.

Fan made patches however can improve both of those problems quite a lot, the game I tested the most MGS PW is very playable with a mouse by just tweaking my right analog aim patch to reduce deadzone and heavily multiply speed with it's speed control addon. So using mouse in PSP games isn't entirely a case for weird people wanting to try weird stuff, it just requires lots of community effort to really go anywhere else. Kind of like 60fps patches, potentially more time consuming, but at least imo - less buggy.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
05-06-2017, 07:21 AM
Just tried Monster Hunter with this new feature, it feels almost like in Monster Hunter Online (PC) or Frontier Z for me, unless system hotkey is fully customisable. CTRL+W is quitting the game lol :U so i cannot use CTRL as analog limiter for my WASD mapped analog controls. Great this mouse support is implemented.