Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
08-11-2014, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2014 12:46 AM by Filgaja.)
RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Dear Monster Hunter Fans,

Since the last PPSSPP Version the 25% speed trick isnt necessary any more!
Here you can get the latest PPSSPP Builds: buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

If you want to play Online without hosting an Adhoc, please connect to our Hamachi Server:

Hamachi network ID: 247-804-050
Hamachi Password: 1324
Hamachi 32 account Slot
PPSSPP Server IP: 25.101.157.3 (For PPSSPP Setting)
Please use an Unix Nickname and Mac Adress by clicking on it in Settings (using standard will disconnect you)

PSP Server is up 24/7 (Root Server) (If not contact me in Hamachi)
I will Clean offline Computer every time Hamachi went full.
If many people love the server, I will upgrade my Hamachi to 255 Slots

Feel Free to contact other People in hamachi-Chat to play together

With Kind Regards,
Filgaja
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2014, 12:14 AM
Hi, I'm a french player of MH and I play for a long long time...

I discovered PPSSPP to play on my computer to do some videos for my YouTube channel because when I play on my PSP and record with remoteJoy, there is no sound and it's a bit annoying when you hear nothing...

So I downloaded the latest version of PPSSPP and there is a black screen when I want to start the game...
Then I read this topic, the thread of @LunaMoo and I tried to use the tool on my PSP but I can't find the .decrypted file after running the tool.

If I understand well, you start the game on PPSSPP, when it crashes, it makes two files : .bin and .key in PAUTH directory. Then, I copy them in PAUTH directory on my memory stick and I run the pauth file decrypter and it supposed to make a .decrypted file, isn't it?

But I can't find it after that and I really want to play this game on my computer to make videos.
Sorry for my bad English and thanks in advance for your answers.
08-20-2014, 12:27 AM
I don't really know how to fix the "black screen" problem on non-HD version of the game.
BUT I do know that the HD version doesn't need any of this hassle to get it working. Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
08-20-2014, 12:31 AM
(08-20-2014 12:14 AM)Autopsie5 Wrote:  Hi, I'm a french player of MH and I play for a long long time...

because when I play on my PSP and record with remoteJoy, there is no sound and it's a bit annoying when you hear nothing...

You need to hook up a cable from the PSP's headphone output to your PC/Mac/Whatever you're running it on's line-in/microphone input to be able to record it. RemoteJoy doesn't stream sound over USB, sadly.

As for the PAUTH stuff, I never really bothered figuring out how to do it, so I won't comment on that part.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-20-2014, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 02:17 AM by Autopsie5.)
I tried with the jack cable but it makes a very bad sound. Sad

I just have to wait for @LunaMoo to explain how to get this .dercrypted file... Thanks even though.

Quote:I don't really know how to fix the "black screen" problem on non-HD version of the game.
BUT I do know that the HD version doesn't need any of this hassle to get it working. Big Grin

I saw it but I don't have the PS3 and the game as well. Big Grin

EDIT : problem solved, I found the HD version and it works properly with the HP display.
08-21-2014, 03:20 PM
Hello, I need some help. When i start the game using ppsspp 0.9.9.1, the title screen seems fine but there's no words in the main menu, create character menu. I patched the iso file with the TMO 5.0 patch and patcher 1.6.3. Is there any specific setting to play this game?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-25-2014, 05:45 AM
So now that the "Team Maverick One" has abandoned translation and worse they have removed all the previous patches from internet and have not made available any of the tools they used to make patches, what do we players do? I have not heard of anyone else picking up the translation and I doubt anyone will.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
08-25-2014, 07:06 AM
@Asferot if you want to finish translating this game, you can just use "mhtools" by codestation(they're on his git) which can be used to extract/decrypt stuff easily from all psp MH games. Also search for "Athena's Translation Tool"(might still be on GBAtemp) and get an ability to extract/decrypt files, translate them using a simple gui, and repack the game without coding/figuring out anything on your own and without using any unreleased tools.
Also you could try to find some of the TMO guys who made the original tools, since they certainly weren't really made by the person that kept TMO site opened with all the drama and money begging for the last year, he was only a site admin from what I understand, not a team coder, translator or anything and it's not like other members of the TMO died lol, the team just stopped being team at some point, possibly active it other projects.:]

If you just ask what to do as an user who waited to play it - just play it in japanese;p, the game doesn't really have a plot, npc's doesn't have anything interesting to say, tutorials are pretty much copy paste from previous games, descriptions are generic and boring, anything you can do which wasn't in previous games can be easily figured out without knowing a single kanji/kana, humour is based on animations and even if you would like to be a hardcore player, all important sites are for japanese version and their translation doesn't even match TMO oneTongue.
So yeah while it sucks that yet another translation died, it's actually like the easiest game to play in japanese ever.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
08-25-2014, 06:38 PM
The blackscreen can be fixed by having the pauth files.
08-26-2014, 02:28 PM
Japanese Monster Hunter 3rd not working?
I tried to play japanese mh3rd yesterday and i couldn't make this work on emulator. So, it's doesn't really works or i need to do something to make it work?

The game interface seems like not loading, i don't know.
And when i select my character the screen turn black and ppsspp freeze.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-26-2014, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2014 02:35 PM by vnctdj.)
Merged.

It's because you need the PAUTH files Smile
The proper procedure to get PAUTH files has been described by LunaMoo in the following post >> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...0#pid80260 Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-26-2014, 05:31 PM
Oh thanks vnctdj, i will try this. And sorry, i didn't search enough to find this topic ;_;
08-26-2014, 06:10 PM
No problem Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
09-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Can someone upload a Save File with the character at good stats and ready to take on Amatsumagatsuchi (Assuming you can only take on this creature once.)

If you can take on this creature many times, please, direct me to a good save state from any website that has good characters.

Thank you!
09-04-2014, 03:26 PM
(09-04-2014 02:40 PM)gondracorn Wrote:  Can someone upload a Save File with the character at good stats and ready to take on Amatsumagatsuchi (Assuming you can only take on this creature once.)

If you can take on this creature many times, please, direct me to a good save state from any website that has good characters.

Thank you!

i can lend you mine save but i dont like the part where someone can have mine character and do with it wathever it want so maybe i dont give it now need change name and then give it

♥Join US ♥ party on EVOLVEHQ for ALL MonsterHunters English:

https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:FIlZsoO7VtIqC2x1,party:L5fuksYOCYQWJh_i

♫Status♪ Yuu-Eucliwood Tittles: → Perfect Against Chickens ← ►Kaiser of Heaven&Earth◄
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user