Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
11-23-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
If you use files from tpunix to run the game, he said there are only 13 out of 17 files out there since he couldn't find where are the others in gameTongue. Black screen is probably caused by one of those missing files. You'll have to use real PSP and the tools from this pull request to decrypt the missing file(it should be automatically created in "memstick\PAUTH" when encountered the encrypted texture in game), you might also have to repeat that procedure as there are in total 4 files missing in tpunix pack as he said himself in that pull request I linked, some of them might just cause black/empty texture, others freeze the game.

Before doing anything, you can easily check if that is the case by looking in your "memstick\PAUTH" folder, in tpunix pack there were 39 files(13 files decrypted with bin and key files) if you have more files there, then that's more than likely that you encountered one of the missing ones.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2013, 10:11 AM
(11-23-2013 02:35 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  If you use files from tpunix to run the game, he said there are only 13 out of 17 files out there since he couldn't find where are the others in gameTongue. Black screen is probably caused by one of those missing files. You'll have to use real PSP and the tools from this pull request to decrypt the missing file(it should be automatically created in "memstick\PAUTH" when encountered the encrypted texture in game), you might also have to repeat that procedure as there are in total 4 files missing in tpunix pack as he said himself in that pull request I linked, some of them might just cause black/empty texture, others freeze the game.

Before doing anything, you can easily check if that is the case by looking in your "memstick\PAUTH" folder, in tpunix pack there were 39 files(13 files decrypted with bin and key files) if you have more files there, then that's more than likely that you encountered one of the missing ones.

Thank you for kind and helpful advice! I checked my PAUTH folder, and found exactly 39 filesBig Grin. Maybe my crash isn't due to the missing file?
I check link too, and couldn't understand how the tool works... Should I execute the tool in the real PSP? Then I can't try it for a while, cause my nephew borrowed my PSP, and he lives a little far from me...

Anyway, I appreciate that kind answerSmile
11-24-2013, 11:41 AM
If your pauth folder has 39 files exactly then it rather wasn't the case as when encountering encrypted file ppsspp should dump it to that folder and you had 39 initially from the pack made by tpunix.

I actually tried to fight that monster just now and there were no problems with his charges(on windows at least), so dunno really, could be your hardware or even corruped game memory from cheats or simply playing to long using only savestates etc.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
11-24-2013, 11:33 PM
I don't understand how to decyrpt pauth files using real psp.
when I load the tool it just says : decrypt finished
but, there are nothing on "ms0:/pauth" folder

maybe I just messed up with nothing -_-
can anyone help me to do it correctly.

-my outdated testing rig-
Intel Core2Quad [email protected]
Shappire HD7750 1GB DDR5

contact me at:
[email protected]
facebook.com/love.grimangel
11-28-2013, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 07:23 AM by kayden.)
can somebody upload the pauth folder to mediafire? i cant seem to access the page after trying for 30minutes :/

edit: nevermind got it Big Grin
11-29-2013, 06:27 AM
Heya, this most recent fix... how well is it working? I'd try it myself but I lack some of the necessary hardware if I'm reading these posts correctly. Would it be correct of me to guess that there isn't a fix I can do on my pc to make it work? I did try downloading the latest build but I got the same error.

I know that this is a fairly new emulator and that everyone has lives etc so I'm not going to demand results or replies (wouldn't have done that anyway though lol). Although I must say this is a rather confusing situation since this topic is in the playable games section. I'm not really that good with intermediate-high level tech related stuff so I can't understand what you guys say to do for this fix.

If you can help me out in any way I'd really appreciate it. I noticed that this kind of question seems to get asked a lot on this thread so I apologize for yet another one.

Thanks in advance,
EvelynnLoveless
12-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Thank you very much for the pauth file the game now works for android but with some graphic glitches everybody here is my hero

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-02-2013, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 12:04 PM by Polygon13.)
Hello and I'm sorry if this is a bit late but I Can't seem to run this game no matter what and I did everything in my power to run this Confounding thing which you guys described there. Everything worked fine (create character, play intro) and after that.. Bam!! it goes black screen and freezes the emulator..
(sorry for the bad english)

Any solution?
Thanks in advance!
12-02-2013, 02:24 PM
(12-02-2013 11:58 AM)Polygon13 Wrote:  Hello and I'm sorry if this is a bit late but I Can't seem to run this game no matter what and I did everything in my power to run this Confounding thing which you guys described there. Everything worked fine (create character, play intro) and after that.. Bam!! it goes black screen and freezes the emulator..

Any solution?
Thanks in advance!

you can download the latest build here and see if it works:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
12-03-2013, 03:03 AM
(12-01-2013 09:29 AM)Hellraxer Wrote:  Thank you very much for the pauth file the game now works for android but with some graphic glitches everybody here is my hero

black screen on my android, although the pauth file on my folderConfusedConfused

♦ Sorry if my english bad
♦ Use PPSSPP For Android
12-03-2013, 06:17 AM
(12-02-2013 02:24 PM)Raimoo Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 11:58 AM)Polygon13 Wrote:  Hello and I'm sorry if this is a bit late but I Can't seem to run this game no matter what and I did everything in my power to run this Confounding thing which you guys described there. Everything worked fine (create character, play intro) and after that.. Bam!! it goes black screen and freezes the emulator..

Any solution?
Thanks in advance!

you can download the latest build here and see if it works:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/
Well.. That didn't help much either..
It's the Same as always..

Guess I gotta give up on this one for being such a stubborn infant..
12-03-2013, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 02:57 AM by TheDax.)
1.)Download the pauth file
2.)extract the pauth.zip to your pauth folder
3.)Have you tried the latest build?
12-03-2013, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 02:57 AM by TheDax.)
(12-03-2013 11:41 AM)Hellraxer Wrote:  1.)Download the pauth file

I just tried this and it worked : ) thank you! And just for reference I used the 64 bit version of build v0.9.5-843-g87d0afc

The only thing to note is that when you're near a source of flowing water (like the fountains in the town), the sound for said water will be choppy, much like the way it is in the HD version, except instead of all the other sounds getting choppy it's just the water sound so it sounds a lot better. Thanks again! <3
12-03-2013, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 08:59 PM by TheDax.)
(12-03-2013 11:41 AM)Hellraxer Wrote:  1.)Download the pauth file --Removed--

1.a>Downloaded the pauth file chinese site as you guys mentioned earlier

2.a>Extracted it and there was a pauth tool but the pauth folder seems to be empty..?? However I've put them as where they should be..

3.a> As far as I could remember last build I've tried was v0.9.5-830-g7f1a26e-android.
And yes I am using Android. I apologize for not mentioning this earlier is this the only cause.? Btw my device is Samsung galaxy tab 2.7 and note 3. I've tried on both of my device and failed.
12-04-2013, 12:57 AM
So the problem might be that the Pauth files dont work right?
Here's what I did.
1. Deleted every trace of PPSSPP on my phone/ including save files and what not.
2. Started MH3RD and let it go to the black screen after selecting a character.
3. Now since your PAUTH file folder is created, bring the files provided by the people here on this thread to ANOTHER location on your android device, for backup.
4. Now using a file manager on the Android system, (I use Astro File Manager), copy your PAUTH file folder from the backup location which you brought from the people on here on this thread, merging it with the one that PPSSPP created. Or you can delete the location that it was in and replace it in the same location without the merging. (For me this was in the SdCard0 folder that includes like downloads the PSP folder, and what not.)
5. This should work out, bypassing the black screen, although you might run in more problems later on as only 13 of the 19? files have been decrypted (wrong word?) since you need to do it using your actually PSP.
6. If you are playing on your computer use the MH3RD HD Ver. Pretty much it runs flawlessly, maybe some hiccups here and there, but it does not require the PAUTH files like the PSP one does. (My integrated Intel graphics card and 2.9 Ghz Intel Core Duo runs the game with Auto Frameskipping, pretty well and I can play with my brother locally.)