Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
sony audio atrac3+ and video psp decode guide
03-27-2013, 11:52 PM
RE: sony audio atrac3+ and video psp decode guide
(03-27-2013 11:30 PM)tamatom Wrote:  Why don't you try this?
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/997

Though there are still some problems, it's worth trying!
too bad that only for windows...im use android Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2013, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2013 06:01 PM by Mugetzu.)
look at the latest version of oioirff may operate audio in Android

04-08-2013, 06:31 PM
He said atrac3 not atrac3+. Im pretty sure there are no open source implementations of atrac3+ yet.

Still. The more audio formats get supported the better.
04-08-2013, 06:35 PM
(04-08-2013 05:55 PM)Mugetzu Wrote:  look at the latest version of oioirff may operate audio in Android

Thank you. Worked with video of PES 2013, but not with the audio. I downloaded a version 3 days ago, has some more recent?

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
04-09-2013, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2013 05:16 PM by Mugetzu.)
(04-08-2013 05:55 PM)Mugetzu Wrote:  look at the latest version of oioirff may operate audio in Android

oioiftt to update your version is time to test the improvements Tongue

EDIT: God of War chain of olimpus, listening to the background music amazing, but the video is not yet
04-09-2013, 09:52 PM
(04-09-2013 04:17 PM)Mugetzu Wrote:  

EDIT: God of War chain of olimpus, listening to the background music amazing, but the video is not yet

Windows or Android?

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
04-09-2013, 10:17 PM
(04-09-2013 09:52 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 04:17 PM)Mugetzu Wrote:  

Windows or Android?

Windows Tongue
04-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Um, I tested the last version for android and has no support for music, only for video, still is not perfect.

04-10-2013, 08:57 PM
I have sonicstage and I'm getting video but no sound. Is their something else I need to install to get that?
04-11-2013, 04:43 AM
at3tool.exe
People stop doing those builds. It's not just illegal to distribute the file but to use it too.
Anyone that provides builds that make use of that file (even if they don't provide it) can get sued by Sony.
04-11-2013, 02:44 PM
(04-11-2013 04:43 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  at3tool.exe
People stop doing those builds. It's not just illegal to distribute the file but to use it too.
Anyone that provides builds that make use of that file (even if they don't provide it) can get sued by Sony.

It wasn't that. I just need to reinstall my sonicstage so I could hear some kind of BGM in the few games I play.
04-11-2013, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2013 09:25 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
(04-11-2013 11:41 AM)KingPepper Wrote:  Which build are you talking about? on https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/997

If so all parts of that code are from either free trial software - Soundforge 9 & using also SonicStage another free download and so are NOT illegal, even the at3tool.exe, if you own the game fate extra then you have the right to use that tool, it was left in the game to process one codec into .wav format.......nothing illegal about that. Angry

at3tool.exe on that game is a leftover of Sony's official PSP SDK that the team forgot to remove after compiling the code. You DO NOT OWN the rights to use it by owning the game( you DO NOT OWN the rights actually to do anything with the code of the game other that playing it but even then the at3tool.exe is a file that has nothing to do with the game, it was left accidentaly there, Sony is not pleased by the fact). Every developer in he PPSSPP team can confirm it. I know how the law works. End of story.
EDIT: I could attach the Terms Of Use and Copyrights disclaimer about PSP/PS3 SDKs that contain the at3tool.exe file but there's no point (and it's ollegal too, lol), the SDKs have leaked years ago, it's available to the public (you know how) for anyone that questions the fact that it's illegal to use it.
These are the audio related files that are secured, so they are illegal to distribute or use without a special licence from Sony Computer Entertainment International:
PS3_at3tool-2000.zip containing at3tool.exe for PS3's ATRAC3(+) encoded files
PSP_at3tool-600.zip containing at3tool.exe for PSP's ATRAC3(+) encoded files
VAGconverter-1.0.zip VAG Audio converter
04-11-2013, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2013 11:03 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
(04-11-2013 10:50 PM)KingPepper Wrote:  If everybody worried about things like this, we would still be clubbing woman over the head & dragging them back to our caves.
Its called progress........if this is not done now, then some bright spark somewhere will reverse engineer its code anyway, so we get our audio & video playing one way or another, Sony can't stop all of us, they would go out of business trying..........Tongue
What are you talking about? Do you even have sense of what you're talking about? I think you don't understand how serious this is. I bet you never heard of something called "Cease and desist" right? It happened in the past with Sony and emulators. What makes you think it won't happen again, especialy now that Sony is like on the hunt of violators and now that they are eager to show their ugly face on the market? If it wasn't really an issue why would this thread get locked?(http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=2194). If there wasn't a problem why wouldn't everbody use the SDKs for example on PS3 homebrew?
Kids kids kids, they have no sense of the consequences of their acts...

Sony can put an end to PPSSPP simply by sending a cease and desist to the author even if they have the slightest feeling that we are violating their TOU and their copyrights which is a very simple and effective way to stop all of us.

Also having worked for Sony in the past I have no doubt they are checking the forum and our discussions. I can bet money for that.
04-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Long story short its a internal sony tool that was never meant to be released to the public. Its illegal to distribute it but its easy enough to find.

Its perfectly fine to talk about it. Smile
04-12-2013, 12:21 AM
(04-11-2013 11:43 PM)KingPepper Wrote:  If its so bad then why are the JPCSP forums still running, even though they are the one's who told everybody in the free world, about the so called illegal file - this thread on there forum has been telling everybody since 29 March 2013 on how to use it, NOT us.......because we are not doing anything wrong.
I am surprised emulation is allowed at all to be honest, but it seems it must be, as there are about a hundred of them out there.
Explains a lot about you though, Sony have brain washed you.
Wouldn't surprise me if you were undercover & still working for them, keeping a close eye on us all. Angel
Hykem explained exactly the same thing I did. The discussion is another story. The use is the problem. BTW, It's either way not worth since SonicStage can decode those files and it's free to use. Why do we have to do it the illegal way?