Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ace Combat X/JA on single PC
03-23-2016, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2016 12:26 PM by Brott.)
Ace Combat X/JA on single PC
Hey, folks.

So I've been trying to figure out how to boot it on the same computer by using 2 emulator instances running at the same time (however, stored in different folders).

Having tried pointing the built-in Adhoc (the latest PPSSPP version 1.2.2) to run on 127.0.0.1 and the current IPv4 address, I can surely claim the games are unplayable on a single machine, despite it says the network is recognized.
Experimental features have been disabled, as well as legacy versions tested out in same fashion.

Specifically, one client does always hang in an infinite loading loop upon hosting/looking up for the host, should the other simultaneously enter the Multiplayer (VS mode) menu. As long as one of them remains disconnected, it works fine (was able to host a game with no avail as no players available either way). Tried them both.

It is unclear whether Coldbird works or not, as I have no intentions to play the game over the internet, but supposedly it does just fine as stated in the compatability list. Obviously, only one instance could work on the Coldbird server, but I've seen myself as online and ghost having both logged into the MP menu. Hangs up anyway.

Is there any workaround to this? Should I try rolling back to version 1.0 and dedicated Adhoc client? Am I doing something wrong?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: Ace Combat X/JA on single PC
multiple PPSSPP on one PC http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=16972
03-23-2016, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2016 02:53 PM by Brott.)
It doesn't really work. The second client refuses to load up the lobby room and hangs up in loading you could never stop, unless you come down to hard resetting. All settings have been set according to your post (and sketchy emulating options disabled).

I don't really know why the game is so persistent.

Oh and there is no router and firewall is a long goner.

UPDATE: ACX did it. Successfully connected to the lobby. ACJA is not really up yet.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-28-2016, 08:27 PM
Update on the issue.
Onelight's build works flawlessly good and I've managed to run the campaign in multiplayer mode. Thanks a bunch.

So it has been resolved.