Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
ppsspp windows 10 mobile port
12-09-2015, 04:29 PM
ppsspp windows 10 mobile port
Hello friends ! Plan to develop the ppsspp to 10 windows mobile? The number of users Windows 10 mobile is growing a lot. We waited for this app ppsspp soon for us. Big hug.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2015, 08:47 AM
RE: ppsspp windows 10 mobile port
I am working on it for a week now. Actually I have it up and running on Windows 10 Universal app for x86. There is some weird scaling issue with the video playback, an issue with the alpha channel in the rendering, need to develop an XAudio based backend for voice, but it works. JIT is tricky in Windows 10 Universal (memory can not be writable and executable at the same time) but totally doable. I can play PataPon and LocoRoco with no problems.

Right now I am able to compile it to ARM, I only need to compile ffmpeg for ARM windows, to make it run on a phone.
12-16-2015, 12:39 PM
Just a quick update for anyone interested.

I have PataPon and LocoRoco running on my Lumia 930. The speed is great for both, the sound is in place as well, so does the touch controls.

I have tweaked the MainScreen, removed the recent list, the browser, and replaced the Load... option with an Import... option, which puts up a file browser, where game files can be selected and imported into the game local folder. This is the only way to have sync file IO for the game files, but I think it should not be a problem. Some kind of progress bar still would be nice for the importing process.

I only have some GFX bugs left. The first is some kind of scaling problem, which happens when I think polygons getting rendered on top of a video. In this case the screen shrinks to the original PSP resolution.

The other is a kind of alpha problem, it looks like the texture alpha or drawing order is not always OK.
12-18-2015, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2015 08:17 AM by vjjulius.)
(12-16-2015 12:39 PM)perneky Wrote:  Just a quick update for anyone interested.

I have PataPon and LocoRoco running on my Lumia 930. The speed is great for both, the sound is in place as well, so does the touch controls.

I have tweaked the MainScreen, removed the recent list, the browser, and replaced the Load... option with an Import... option, which puts up a file browser, where game files can be selected and imported into the game local folder. This is the only way to have sync file IO for the game files, but I think it should not be a problem. Some kind of progress bar still would be nice for the importing process.

I only have some GFX bugs left. The first is some kind of scaling problem, which happens when I think polygons getting rendered on top of a video. In this case the screen shrinks to the original PSP resolution.

The other is a kind of alpha problem, it looks like the texture alpha or drawing order is not always OK.

When can we taste this new PPSSPP app for Windows 10 mobile? is this available in GITHUB?
12-18-2015, 03:02 PM
Unfortunately I am not a pro at using git, but I have pulled the actual version a few weeks ago and worked on that.

I'll try to create a branch or pull request once I have fixed the bugs left. The ported code also need some polishing here and there.

Right now it fully works with x86 without problems. On ARM, it has a bug where in 2D games, random elements of the game is missing. I have figured out that it differs in the worldMatrix from the x86 version where all just works. But I do not know if I can go further than that as those values are coming right from the EMU.

The performance on my Lumia 930 is about the same as on my Nexus 6.
12-22-2015, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the update Smile
12-23-2015, 11:33 AM
Thumbs Up RE: ppsspp windows 10 mobile port
Hello perneky,

I registered here to show you my honest gratitude that you are porting ppsspp for all Windows 10 Mobile Users.
I am very excited to play my 3D PSP Games, which I played on android, again on my Lumia 950 XL.
Maybe you can compile it as a package so we can load it on our devices and test it too? (It doesnt matter if it is still buggy)

Best regards,
Garretton
01-14-2016, 06:11 AM
Same here, also hoping you can share the package code so we can side load the app.
02-04-2016, 12:46 AM
It's confirmed PPSSPP ON WINDOWS 10 MOBILE?
(12-18-2015 08:17 AM)vjjulius Wrote:  

When can we taste this new PPSSPP app for Windows 10 mobile? is this available in GITHUB?

Perneky you are one of the developers of PPSSPP?
05-19-2016, 09:19 AM
(02-04-2016 12:46 AM)Ezequiel Gomes Wrote:  It's confirmed PPSSPP ON WINDOWS 10 MOBILE?
(12-18-2015 08:17 AM)vjjulius Wrote:  

Perneky you are one of the developers of PPSSPP?

Any news???
05-19-2016, 07:29 PM
I think the Devs forgot this port.
10-05-2016, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 05:33 PM by thehaxfactory.)
I'd love to see this happen. Is there at least a beta available or something?

EDIT: I've been lurking since before PPSSPP was the go to PSP emulator, but this was the first thing I found important enough to actually register.
10-20-2016, 09:28 PM
Any news about the Windows 10 Mobile port? Maybe a port of iOS 1.3 version with new microsoft's ios-to-w10 program?
02-26-2018, 05:05 AM
any updates on this?
02-26-2018, 11:40 PM
(02-26-2018 05:05 AM)Pseu4z Wrote:  any updates on this?
Windows 10 Mobile has been discontinued from active development, so I doubt it will see the light of day.