Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are there benchmarks for various mobile GPUs?
08-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Are there benchmarks for various mobile GPUs?
Since GPUs seem to be the main determining factor, did anyone compile a set of benchmarks (like FPS for one game, using the same settings) for various mobile GPUs?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2015, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 12:26 PM by GamerzHell9137.)
RE: Are there benchmarks for various mobile GPUs?
Nope, that would take way too much space in the forms.
And if you have a phone like Galaxy S3 then all games are gonna run fine (with enabled speed hacks)
08-09-2015, 09:48 PM
What? There's probably less the 50 mobile GPU's out there, how's 50 numbers going to "take up much space"?
08-10-2015, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 06:49 PM by fivefeet8.)
Maybe the developers could put in a benchmark mode into PPSSPP and add a benchmark record option. Smile Maybe. I can tell you from my testing 80+ games:

Settings: 4x Buffered Rendering, FXAA Shader, 2xAF, no Frame skip. All other options on default.

Nvidia Shield TV: 85% of the games I've tested run full speed (higher near full speed)
Nvidia Shield Tablet: 75% of the games run full speed
HTC1 M8: 20% of the games run full speed (mostly 2d RPG games)

In general, Nvidia Tegra devices will trounce all other mobile Android devices simply because they have the best drivers. Adreno GPU's tend to be very powerful hardware wise, but are help back a lot by their drivers. PowerVR devices have some issues with rendering because they are Tile Based for 3d. Mali GPU's are fairly more performant compared to their Adreno counterparts, but are a bit hit and miss on some render functions.
08-10-2015, 09:31 PM
So which specific game tends to score the lowest? That would probably be a good benchmark.
08-10-2015, 09:37 PM
Earth Defense Force 2 is pretty slow on all devices, but it's hard to confirm if it's an issue with the emulator or the game itself as being too performance hungry or both. The GOW games are also pretty performance lowering on most mobile devices.
08-14-2015, 11:04 AM
IMHO 1)Tegra - good drivers, 2) Mali - medium drivers (needs latest updates from Android to avoid hardware transform failure), 3) PowerVR - almost as good as Mali but there could be problems specific to this gpu - hence the hack in menu, although maybe latest drivers fixed it? 4) Adreno - bad drivers - needs a powerful device to be playable, but not sure 100% as I don't have an Adreno device, in the near future I'll test it, when I get the chance.

Samsung Captivate, Android 2.3.5 SAUROM, Corn Kernel v701
Fly Evo Chic 3, Android 4.4.2 Stock, improved stock kernel
10-07-2015, 11:45 AM
adreno is bad because its only single core, other gpu like mali and powervr have dual core and tricore gpu