Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LG G4
06-01-2015, 08:11 PM
LG G4
Hello, i tried PPSSPP Android on G4 with Tekken 5 and 6, and it's not working.
Tekken DR have artifacts and tekken 6 is very slow, as like it can't use more than one core and looks wierd.

Is it something with the fact that G4 is 64 bit? on G3 both worked good.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2016, 01:03 PM
RE: LG G4
Bump to this question pls someone tell us the real score?thanks in advance.
06-25-2016, 01:58 PM
The PSP was single core. Because of this, PSP games are not written to be compatible with multi-core. It wasn't a thing, so developers didn't do it.

That means that, right now, a 16-core phone with 1.6 Ghz (=24 total Ghz) would be worse in PPSSPP than a 2-core phone with 2.0 Ghz (= 4 total Ghz.)

So it's exactly right that it's like it's only using one core. It is actually using multiple cores, but the game code can only be run on one core.

Vulkan (like OpenGL) API support is in progress, and might allow better multi-core usage (OpenGL only allows drawing on a single thread too.) But, there will be limits on how much can be done.

Anyway, long story short, the LG G3's quad-core 2.5 GHz CPU is probably better for gaming than the LG G4's dual-core 1.8 Ghz CPU.

-[Unknown]
06-25-2016, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2016 07:18 PM by mccainmx.)
But i saw an old video over youtube playing tekken 6 on lg g4 and it was so smooth the video was posted i think august 2015 that was the time lg g4 still running android lollipop,you think the marshmallow updates makes the ppsspp games worst?

Edit: by any means here's the video i was talking about https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQFJE7QJbLw
06-25-2016, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2016 08:12 PM by TkSilver.)
That is possible, but the far more likely situation is that that is a far older and less accurate version of ppsspp

So at 2x resolution and with less effects being rendered (you could try disabling slower effects and maybe even disabling simulated block transfers) you might be able to run it as smooth if you find the right version of ppsspp.

And there is always the chance your phone does not handle the 64bit code path correctly, the S7 has some issues with how it handles the changes.
06-25-2016, 09:57 PM
Are you using frameskip like the user in that video? Did you switch HW scaler to 2x (which would be ~544p, lower than the G4's native resolution)? Are you using the other settings like they are, such as "disable slower effects", low quality beziers, etc.? They even have some speedhacks enabled.

Most of the time graphics driver (still CPU) performance is the problem. It could be that the OpenGL ES drivers on the device for M are worse, although I'm not sure why they would be.

-[Unknown]
06-26-2016, 06:07 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2016 06:15 AM by mccainmx.)
Yes i did exacty all his settings on this video but nothing helps me i also contacted the uploader on this video he said he stick to android lollipop for a reason,thats why i came up to conclusion maybe marshmallow updates ruined the emulation of ppsspp on lg g4.

Edit: i did try several older builds version 1.0.1 just like he using on that video thinking the lower build might be helps from me but its still the same.
06-26-2016, 12:50 PM
Hmm, sounds like that's possible. Maybe they made an update to control heat better by downclocking the CPU in more scenarios.

-[Unknown]
09-09-2016, 05:08 AM
Video RE: LG G4
godd....