Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
[Tutorial] How to play multiplayer on one PC. testing PPSSPP adhoclocal
08-03-2018, 02:35 PM
RE: [Tutorial] How to play multiplayer on one PC. testing PPSSPP adhoclocal
(07-20-2018 03:30 PM)BenjiGamer Wrote:  Pls help help me, anybody. I am using windows 7 and one normal ppsspp and one adhoc local ppsspp to connect on one PC but the adhoc local ppsspp IP address keep changing and preventing it from connecting pls anyone help me. please, please, please

I think you can't with a normal ppsspp. You have to use both adhoc local ppsspp. I play with PPSSPP-v1.4.258-Adhoc_stuff-chatSimple and this configuration (see attached image) and worked for MHP3HD, Dissidia 012 and MGS Peace Walker so, you should try it. And disactivate the 'Fast memory' in the 'System' tab for both.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2018, 12:19 AM
hey i used the normal ppsspp and enable the adhocserver and changed my ip connection and everything to setup a multiplayer server with my friend and it worked perfectly fine for the first day but now when i try to enter the online gathering hall it just freezes and doesnt let me enter
07-21-2020, 11:58 AM
I have two keyboards and no gamepad. I am trying to play tekken 6 and I have connected both the ppsspp but it's impossible for me to control both the players through single window. I have tried the settings but it's not working. What am I supposed to do?
I have inserted keyboard commands without editing the par commands as per the settings but it won't work.
07-22-2020, 03:01 AM
(07-21-2020 11:58 AM)Capeiro Wrote:  I have two keyboards and no gamepad. I am trying to play tekken 6 and I have connected both the ppsspp but it's impossible for me to control both the players through single window. I have tried the settings but it's not working. What am I supposed to do?
I have inserted keyboard commands without editing the par commands as per the settings but it won't work.
you need gamepad
07-22-2020, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2020 03:59 AM by Dukatti.)
[in past I was never lucky to find]
there are utilities like Universal Controller Remapper
which are allowing to bind any part of any input device to output another

[so here, it might work, if one of keyboard keys will be mapped to x360 gamepad 1, or to directinput_etc_gamepad_1, or else]
07-22-2020, 06:41 AM
So one of my keyboard will be displayed as a gamepad to my pc and ppsspp?
And this will allow me to play multiplayer, right??
07-22-2020, 07:51 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2020 07:53 AM by AdamN.)
Since the official PPSSPP is now supports multiple instance on one PC, may be someday they will have a separated controller config for each instance.
You can try requesting this feature/option on github if it's not already there Smile

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
07-22-2020, 08:45 AM
I just wish to know whether using Universal Controller Remapper shall I be able to play multiplayer with two keyboards?
07-22-2020, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2020 09:19 AM by Dukatti.)
it should work.
to be able to play multiplayer on one pc ppsspp team made it possible to send gamepad buttons in background [second player] window.
once keyboard[one of;part of it] will be treated[separated as another,not the same,keyboard] like gamepad it will be able to send it's inputs too.
07-23-2020, 05:07 AM
@Dukatti thanks for your help firstly. Now, I have configured one of my keyboard as xbox x360 Controller. However, when I open control mapping menu on both the emulators, the buttons configured as xbox Controller works simultaneously on both the emulators - when I press them bot the emulators respond but when I connect them for a match, they don't respond. Perhaps I have wrongly set the control mapping.
I copied the method given in the beginning of this forum for players having a gamepad and a keyboard.
Could u check on this and revert to me?
I propose u show pictures as I'm more visual guy than reading and doing one.
Thanks in advance.
07-23-2020, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2020 03:53 AM by Dukatti.)
1.     2.     3.     4.     5.     6.     7.     8.     9.     10.     11.     12.     13.     14.    
1. virtual x360 pad [ViGEmBus provider] should work too.
2. ~most usb keyboards are limited to physically hold up to 4-6 buttons simultaneously [and the question is "are Midi keyboards the most effective/unlimited to play with 10 fingers? 4 arms?]
3. it will be possible for 2 players to play using only 1 keyboard and 4 players using 2 keyboards with "rules in mind" - "one hit + one direction",
and good mapping, which not only will cover "wasd" - will involve diagonals [to free the need of holding 3 buttons]
for racing games rules are "don't shoot/use_items while drift", "one type of break at time", etc.
[in your case 2 players having 2 keyboards do not need such rules and are able to play fully]
4. DirectInput gamepads can be configured to use 128 buttons [vJoy] [this is enough to make a good use of ppsspp's "multiple buttons meaning one psp button" and analog limiter]
07-24-2020, 02:21 AM
Thanks very very much Sukant. Its a quite long process... but I shall do it properly and carefully.
(for me it is long perhaps it's not so for others)
07-24-2020, 12:11 PM
Thanks very very very much Dukatti. It's working now and I am so happy that you helped me all along the method by posting images and stuff with a detailed process. Thanks very much.
I'd be too happy to challenge you online on tekken 6 ppsspp (I use amultios) if you play tekken 6 at all.
09-09-2020, 02:31 PM
im trying to get Marvel Nemesis multiplayer to work. i need help. i used this video https://youtu.be/ZM7jGB7RLFA and it worked for soul calibur and i didnt try tekken. so now im wondering which settings need to be tweeked or if marvel nemesis need a different method
01-13-2021, 03:23 PM
Good day! This worked but what i'm planning to do now is having 2 android devices join in multiplayer. Trying to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite with 4 players. 2 on pc and 2 on android. How can I do that?