You can find some help in our FAQ.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Crisis Core Shadows
In the latest git build, shadows on CC are grey and not transparent. Aren't they at least supposed to be black? Is this something I can fix with options or is it an internal problem?

[Image: PPSSPPWindows64_2015_06_10_17_51_24.jpg]
06-10-2015, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 11:31 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
Merged.

Have you tried to restore PPSSPP's settings to default ?
You can do this in the "System" settings Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-05-2015, 06:38 PM
Hi, somebody have a save data from the first save point?
Game specifications:
CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY- (ULES01048)
Europe

I have read that the you start a new game, and the intro scene will not show but eventually the game start. I already did this, I started a new game and then waited, can see the subtitles and the music, but I let it running for like an hour and the screen keeps black (I can hear the music). Don't know what to do, somebody knows what can I do?

I'm using an iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4
And I'm using the version 1.0.1-782-ge3b6e35 of ppsspp.
08-12-2015, 05:45 AM
beacuse ios is so buggy andriod has no issues of final fantasy 7 crisis core its perfect to play on samsung galaxy s6 edge i go to 5x resloution and iphone 5s is 1 gb of ram thats why its so buggy wait new version of ppsspp.
08-21-2015, 03:14 AM
So I'm able to play just fine, however... I imported a bunch of backup saves from my PSP (which I made years ago), and I can't load them at all. They'll show up in the list of saved games and then I'll get a "failed" notice. Only one seems to load. I vaguely recall having this issue on my actual PSP after I updated the firmware, which was custom (went from D3 or something to whatever the newest one was at the time). Is there anything I can do? I still have the PSP, although I'll need to buy another charger for it.

Is there any way to make this save data work?
08-21-2015, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2015 03:29 AM by dimasok.)
I have a question. I am playing it on a pretty good PC and there is very often a slight stutter/freeze (especially apparent before each "activating combat mode" transition). I played around with the settings and can't seem to make it stop. I also noticed that while this slowdown is happening, there is a hard drive access moment. Seems like caching to me. Other than that, the game runs smooth.

Not sure what is happening. Any ideas?
08-21-2015, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2015 04:15 PM by vsub_.)
(08-21-2015 03:29 AM)dimasok Wrote:  I have a question. I am playing it on a pretty good PC and there is very often a slight stutter/freeze (especially apparent before each "activating combat mode" transition). I played around with the settings and can't seem to make it stop. I also noticed that while this slowdown is happening, there is a hard drive access moment. Seems like caching to me. Other than that, the game runs smooth.

Couple of things to try
1.Try the latest beta
2.Try changing the Audio Backend to DSound(what are your Audio settings)
3.If you have x64 windows and at least 2gb or free ram,try the x64 version of ppsspp and enable the option in System=>Cache full ISO in ram(this way you can determine if it's slow hdd read)

Also what are your settings(if you don't have custom settings for this game,the easiest way is to post the \memstick\PSP\SYSTEM\ppsspp.ini file)
I clear this game long timw ago on a much weaker pc than my current one the game was working fine

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
09-30-2015, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 08:50 PM by vctrku.)
Hi, I am trying to run this game on my Note 5, but every time I start the game, it loads the opening cinematic perfectly fine, but right when it gets to the battle and I start controlling Zach, PPSSPP crashes.

I have already tried disabling the multithreading and fast memory as others have suggested, but the same thing always happens and the app crashes.

Edit: Actually I just tried it on my computer and PPSSPP crashed at the exact same spot. Could it be that it is a fault with the game file I used?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
10-13-2015, 12:09 AM
I actually got the game working before by trying one of the settings posted here in the thread, but after the new update, the game does not even start. I get a black screen.
10-13-2015, 04:46 AM
Try 1.1.1.

-[Unknown]
10-13-2015, 05:24 AM
(10-13-2015 04:46 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Try 1.1.1.

-[Unknown]

That is the latest update I have. It did not work after both updates were installed. It still does not work.
11-07-2015, 10:11 PM
(08-21-2015 04:15 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  [quote='dimasok' pid='109847' dateline='1440131360']
I have a question. I am playing it on a pretty good PC and there is very often a slight stutter/freeze (especially apparent before each "activating combat mode" transition). I played around with the settings and can't seem to make it stop. I also noticed that while this slowdown is happening, there is a hard drive access moment. Seems like caching to me. Other than that, the game runs smooth.

This likely has to do with the faster timing method, it lags sometimes especially with non solid state hard drives. Instead of choosing a slower method I opted to enable the setting that load the entire iso in ram. Initial start up is a little slower but games run better after that without stutter.
11-08-2015, 12:17 AM
There's no read-ahead caching when reading from disk. However, if your disk goes to sleep, there will be stutter when the game needs to load new data. If your computer is running low on free RAM, then it might be that it's having to read from disk often, as well.

You can go into settings, and change the IO timing method to "host." This makes it so behavior changes based on how slow or fast your disk is - so it can introduce bugs. But for the most part, and afaict in this game, it will just act like the PSP did - continue playing music as it waits for the UMD/disk to return the data it needs.

PSP games don't need SSD-speeds, but the benefit of SSDs for PPSSPP is that they more often don't get turned off by your operating system. Even when they do, the "blurry-eyed wake up time" for them is much much shorter.

Another option that would give you no stutter + the fast speeds is to read the file into your operating system's cache (you can even do this while playing.) If you're on Windows, open up a command prompt, and then type the word "type" (without quotes) and a space. Then, drag and drop the CSO/ISO file into the command prompt window. Back inside the command prompt, continue typing (without quotes) ">NUL", and then press enter.

That will take some time to do its thing, but you can continue playing while it does. Once it finishes (or maybe even earlier), the stutters will be gone as long as your computer doesn't run low on free RAM. Basically this tells Windows to read the entire file into memory, but PPSSPP doesn't have to wait for it to finish.

-[Unknown]