Thread Rating:
  • 19 Votes - 4.16 Average
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
01-28-2015, 04:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2015 04:59 AM by laphisatthu.)
RE: FF7 Crisis Core freezes on the dumbapples cutscene
FF7 Crisis Core freezes on the dumbapples cutscene after killed bahamut summoned by Genesis Sad( how to fix
ipod 5 ios 7.1.1 ppsspp 0.9.9.1
p/s I doesn't speak English very well. Smile)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2015, 06:45 AM
RE: Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
Hey guys, I'm quite new here. After having tried this on my phone I now have it on my PC and Crisis Core is awesome. No problems at this point (menu and map slowdowns sometimes but nothing to worry about).

What I'm wondering is how to make the FMV's look good. I have sen youtube videos that are like 1080p quality but mine are pixelated alot Sad. I tried cranking up all the settings but I don't know what the "best" settings are really. Not the "fastest for phone" but "best for PC with good CPU/GPU". I just wanna be able to enjoy those awesome FMVs as well. The game itself looks gorgeous for being on a 60" TV.

Any thoughts?
01-31-2015, 04:31 PM
The FMVs have a resolution of just 480x272, which is the native resolution of the PSP. No way to get more pixels unfortunately Sad
01-31-2015, 09:12 PM
(01-31-2015 04:31 PM)Henrik Wrote:  The FMVs have a resolution of just 480x272, which is the native resolution of the PSP. No way to get more pixels unfortunately Sad

Yeah I figured as much but how did youtube movies like "Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - All Cutscenes/ Full Movie (Remastered) 2K HD" happen? (Search for it, I can't post links)

As I said, I'm assuming it's post processing, afterwards that is. I just thought there might be a slight chance they are enhanceable during gameplay.
02-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Looks like they applied some edge-strengthening filter on the FMV parts of that video. It's certainly not real HD, but the upscaled result looks a bit better than our texture upscaling filters (and we don't apply them to FMV anyway because they eat so much CPU) but is probably even more expensive to run, so might not be doable real-time.
02-01-2015, 09:58 AM
(02-01-2015 08:53 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Looks like they applied some edge-strengthening filter on the FMV parts of that video. It's certainly not real HD, but the upscaled result looks a bit better than our texture upscaling filters (and we don't apply them to FMV anyway because they eat so much CPU) but is probably even more expensive to run, so might not be doable real-time.

Would it be possible for PPSSPP to somehow extract them, upscale(re-encode) and load them from the HDD?
02-04-2015, 04:01 PM
IF there is a possibility to apply this real-time, no matter how much CPU it hogs, could there be an option for it sometime in the future? I mean, considering how alot of people (including myself) love building new faster PC's and using the computing power that rarely gets maxed anyway, I'd love to see how far I could push the certain parts of the system. Not to mention that Crisis Core is one of my absolute favourites and those FMV's look awesome as gently caress. I wouldn't mind pushing my PC to the edge.

Just wondering really, cause playing it on a TV is REALLY fun. Also, as a side note, when will Gold be available for PC again? It was down last time I checked. Could only buy it on android.
02-10-2015, 03:54 AM
So, I have a question about this game. I keep getting constant PPSSPP crashes with this game. I have the most UTD version of Gold for Android, using my S5. Now, my other 5 games run flawlessly (Two of them are tactics games, which don't take much to make them work, so I guess they don't really count lol). Kingdom Hearts BBS plays... I'll say 98% but only because every now and then the audio sounds weird, but the gameplay itself is smooth. Best part of all my games, is they never crash on me. Except FFCC. And I honestly don't know why. I have suggested settings, and they worked well for awhile. At first, even the first fight of the game, as soon as I pressed X to attack, the game would crash. But with tempered settings, now combat runs pretty well, movement is smooth, FMVs don't give me any errors. But, for some reason, whenever there are "cutscenes" in the game involving multiple people, PPSSPP will crash on me. I get through most crashes by saving states and just reloading until I get through them, however...... this time that's not working. I'm stuck at the "real first mission" infiltrating Wutai. As soon as the explosion goes off, and Zack rushes off, I get to the part where the Wutai soldiers start shooting, and when it starts panning out, BOOM. PPSSPP crashes.
I'd really like to NOT use the "Oh, just play past it on windows version" because that defeats the purpose of having it on my phone. So, if there are any suggestions out there to help get past all these dumb crashes, I'd appreciate it. If I need to post my settings, I will.
02-10-2015, 04:03 AM
(02-10-2015 03:54 AM)SenRetsuNin Wrote:  So, I have a question about this game. I keep getting constant PPSSPP crashes with this game. I have the most UTD version of Gold for Android, using my S5. Now, my other 5 games run flawlessly (Two of them are tactics games, which don't take much to make them work, so I guess they don't really count lol). Kingdom Hearts BBS plays... I'll say 98% but only because every now and then the audio sounds weird, but the gameplay itself is smooth. Best part of all my games, is they never crash on me. Except FFCC. And I honestly don't know why. I have suggested settings, and they worked well for awhile. At first, even the first fight of the game, as soon as I pressed X to attack, the game would crash. But with tempered settings, now combat runs pretty well, movement is smooth, FMVs don't give me any errors. But, for some reason, whenever there are "cutscenes" in the game involving multiple people, PPSSPP will crash on me. I get through most crashes by saving states and just reloading until I get through them, however...... this time that's not working. I'm stuck at the "real first mission" infiltrating Wutai. As soon as the explosion goes off, and Zack rushes off, I get to the part where the Wutai soldiers start shooting, and when it starts panning out, BOOM. PPSSPP crashes.
I'd really like to NOT use the "Oh, just play past it on windows version" because that defeats the purpose of having it on my phone. So, if there are any suggestions out there to help get past all these dumb crashes, I'd appreciate it. If I need to post my settings, I will.

Disable Multithread. That stops it. I play FFCC, and i never encountered crashes until a recent cutscene where it crashed, so i check the settings and saw that multithread was enabled. Disabled it, and it stopped. Had to enable and disable multithread for some games, but yeah, disable multithread.
02-10-2015, 04:22 AM
Holy crap, thanks so much. I mean, that got me through that little cutscene, so I'm going to assume it'll fix the rest of them as well. Every settings setup I've seen for this game has always had Multithreaded on. Glad that's resolved.
02-23-2015, 12:06 PM
(02-01-2015 08:53 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Looks like they applied some edge-strengthening filter on the FMV parts of that video. It's certainly not real HD, but the upscaled result looks a bit better than our texture upscaling filters (and we don't apply them to FMV anyway because they eat so much CPU) but is probably even more expensive to run, so might not be doable real-time.

Do it!Do it!Dooooooo it!!!! i has 4.2ghz running on 4.4 i'll manage -_- all kidding aside.

Have to say well done to the team of ppsspp really enjoy playing game on my lil ol 21" mecer monitor rather than my psp Big Grin only game i really have issues with are Midnight Club LA Remix.

Fighting an uphill battle and his leading so far >_<
03-12-2015, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 03:20 PM by CloudXIV.)
Can anyone tell me how to get the voice-overs working? Everything's fine, the opening movie, the sound effects, the music, but no voices. Is there a way to fix that? I'm using the latest windows version (1.01) and I tried all the audio options I could find.

Edit: Sorry, I'm a complete moron, I've been playing the undub version and it seems the cut-scene where Zack pick ups the phone right after the opening FMV wasn't voiced in the Japanese version (it was in the US/EU). Hopefully everything else works fine.
03-21-2015, 08:06 PM
I am running this on windows 8 64-bit, and I have an issue with certain cutscenes not "finishing". For example, after the first training mission, when the training room is breaking down, right after sephiroth breaks down it would go back to the battle area and just have the "Training's over" subtitle at the bottom. It was pausable, but that was all i could do. So, I got a save that put me at the first save point, and continued the game. Now though, it is doing pretty much the same thing at the end of the bahaumat fight, right when zack picks up the summon materia, he just sits there and holds it, with the tornadoes and such swirling in the background. Any ideas on what might be wrong? If not, would anyone get me past that part if I uploaded the save file?
04-08-2015, 03:28 AM
Hi all, newbie here....pls allow me to ask some questions...and forgive me if the question is being asked before....and yes, i'm lazy to search

i'm playing FF crisis core using Galaxy Tab S 10.5, half way through the game, suddenly the music and the action seems fast forwared or double up in speed....what is going on?

This happen to other game like FF type-0 and Fairy Tail.
playing on Fullmetal Alchemist is fine though.

Can someone please teach me what to do with the setting to fine-tune this problem as i not sure how to do it.....i bought the Tab 10.5 for the sake of play games
06-01-2015, 07:52 AM
I really could use some help. My previous phone crashed and I lost all my data, I've been playing this for quite a long time. Can anyone give me a save/state for some time around when Zack battles with Hollander and Cloud is sick? Gongaga Village? Anyone please, you know what it feels like to have it hanging Sad( I want to continue my life in here :'(