Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Jeanne d'Arc
01-11-2015, 10:28 AM
RE: Jeanne d'Arc
recently bought an iPhone 6 plus. The game works almost perfect with the latest Dev-Build from cydia. There are no missing character anymore. But there's still a font problem like "Attack" is "AttacC".
If someone has a solution for this, i would be very happy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Jeanne D'arc text is askew in many places.

Most notable being in menus. Please see attached image.

System Specs:
  • Windows 7 64-bit
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW Edition
  • CORSAIR Vengeance 16 GB RAM
  • Intel i7 4790k CPU
  • MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard
  • Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD
  • Western Digital Blue 1 TB Drive x 3

PPSSPP Settings:
  • Backend: OpenGL
  • Mode: Buffered Rendering
  • Post-Processing Shader: FXAA Antialiasing
  • Fullscreen: Checked
  • Stretch to display: Checked
  • Rendering Resolution: 10x PSP
  • VSync: Checked
  • Mipmapping: Checked
  • Upscale Level: 5x
  • Anisotropic Filtering: 16x
  • Multithreaded (Unstable): Checked
  • Cache full ISO in RAM (slow startup): Checked

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm perfectly ok with changing any setting in the emulator. Not really sure what is the most optimal / best settings anyways, honestly.

Thank you.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Unfortunately, this game will not really render properly with the free fonts that come with PPSSPP. You'll have to get fonts from your PSP.

-[Unknown]
01-11-2015, 06:26 PM
how do we obtain and insert them?
01-12-2015, 05:35 PM
You need a PSP with a custom firmware, if you don't have one installed, I recommend to follow this tutorial.
On your PSP, when you are on the XMB, press "Select" button to open the VSH menu, then move on "USB DEVICE" and choose "Flash 0" thanks to right/left on your D-Pad and finally move on "EXIT" and press "X" button to close the VSH menu. Now, connect your PSP to your PC and you will have access to the fonts, simply copy them in the corresponding folder in your PPSSPP folder Smile
Afterwards, don't forget to put back "USB DEVICE" on "Memory Stick" in your VSH menu, otherwise you won't have access to your Memory Stick anymore Wink
WARNING : Don't delete any file in your Flash 0 folder or your PSP will have major issues Angel

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-12-2015, 08:52 PM
In the past, PPSSPP could render perfectly the fonts.

What changed in the emulator?
01-12-2015, 08:59 PM
(01-12-2015 08:52 PM)Odioregistrarme Wrote:  In the past, PPSSPP could render perfectly the fonts.

What changed in the emulator?

Which was the last version that "could render the fonts perfectly"?
01-12-2015, 11:29 PM
There was no version that could render the fonts perfectly. Due to a bug it picked different fonts, that still rendered wrong, but looked better most of the time. Unfortunately, this same bug caused this same game to crash in the middle and be unplayable, iirc.

-[Unknown]
01-22-2015, 05:14 PM
Hi, all...
I'm using Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, and I still have the missing character problem. Is it because my phone spec or I have to adjust the setting in my PPSSPP? Because I see that many people here have no "missing character" problem anymore when playing in smartphone.
01-22-2015, 07:20 PM
That device has a Mali-400MP4 GPU, which generally is not ideal for PPSSPP. Anyway, this game does something that we haven't figured out a better way to emulate yet. The way we emulate it requires GLES 3 on mobile, generally. Mali-400MP4 will not work currently.

The reason it seems to have started working for more people isn't because of recent changes in PPSSPP, it's because more people are using newer GLES3 devices.

-[Unknown]
01-23-2015, 10:19 AM
(01-22-2015 07:20 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  That device has a Mali-400MP4 GPU, which generally is not ideal for PPSSPP. Anyway, this game does something that we haven't figured out a better way to emulate yet. The way we emulate it requires GLES 3 on mobile, generally. Mali-400MP4 will not work currently.

The reason it seems to have started working for more people isn't because of recent changes in PPSSPP, it's because more people are using newer GLES3 devices.

-[Unknown]
Ah, I see... Well, that's too bad Sad
I do manage to play some games, like Crisis Core and Persona with PPSSPP in my phone, but I guess not for this one.
Okay, thanks for your answer Smile
03-06-2015, 07:15 AM
Jeanne D'arc Font is bad
Hello everyone;
I've been testing and playing the game after each release, i even use the latest builds "PPSSPP 1.0.1 r117", but the fonts don't show properly, is there a trick or a setting to get rid of the issue?
Any help would be appreciated.
03-06-2015, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 06:28 PM by XpanD.)
RE: Jeanne D'arc Font is bad
Thanks for making this thread! I was gonna do it too, but never got around to it. (thread this was in got merged with this one, so this doesn't apply anymore - below screenshots are probably irrelevant too)

Some screenshots of the problem:

[Image: jeanne1.png]
[Image: jeanne2.png]

(yes, running a slightly older version here but it still does the same thing in the latest builds)

EDIT: Direct3D breaks it entirely, see below:

[Image: jeanne3.png]
[Image: jeanne4.png]
03-06-2015, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 09:34 AM by Mr.Frey.)
The graphics look glitchier with every update, i have the same problem regarding D3D even with another game "Nayuta No Kiseki, that's why i use opengl as default.
03-06-2015, 09:53 AM
We keep 1 thread per game on ppsspp forums and it already has it's thread in here.
But anyway as stated in that thread, font will only look correctly in this game if you copy original fonts from psp, they're copyrighted so you can't really get them without psp legally and so emulators cannot provide those fonts either.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.