Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved] Games wont lauch from external SD
06-05-2014, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2014 06:34 AM by vnctdj.)
[Solved] Games wont lauch from external SD
Hello.

Thanks for such a great emulator. I have a problem which i can't figure out a way to solve. When i put games on my external Sandisk 16 gb card they run fine. However when i put them on my 64gb card, they don't launch and all i get is: disk0:/can't find boot.ini I've tried to put them on my internal sd and then move them to the external one with no avail. Games work perfectly from internal or 16 gb card, but wont launch from the 64 gb one. Both cards are fat32. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Emulator Version : 0.9.8
Device : Galaxy s4 i337m
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: Games wont lauch from external SD
(06-05-2014 11:58 PM)zontiq Wrote:  Hello.

Thanks for such a great emulator. I have a problem which i can't figure out a way to solve. When i put games on my external Sandisk 16 gb card they run fine. However when i put them on my 64gb card, they don't launch and all i get is: disk0:/can't find boot.ini I've tried to put them on my internal sd and then move them to the external one with no avail. Games work perfectly from internal or 16 gb card, but wont launch from the 64 gb one. Both cards are fat32. Any ideas would be appreciated.

First, make sure the 64 GB SD card is working perfectly fine. Plug it in your PC and check if it can be read.

Second, make sure the lock switch on that SD card is slid up (unlock it).

Third, if it still doesn't work, backup the files in that SD card then format it.

I hope this helps! Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
06-06-2014, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2014 03:29 AM by zontiq.)
RE: Games wont lauch from external SD
(06-06-2014 12:28 AM)barbanium Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 11:58 PM)zontiq Wrote:  Hello.

First, make sure the 64 GB SD card is working perfectly fine. Plug it in your PC and check if it can be read.

Second, make sure the lock switch on that SD card is slid up (unlock it).

Third, if it still doesn't work, backup the files in that SD card then format it.

I hope this helps! Big Grin

it works fine, others apps can use it to read,write stuff on in. The pc also reads it fine. Ill try to format it just in case, thanks.

EDIT: Formatting the card fixed the issue. Thanks.
06-06-2014, 06:34 AM
RE: [Solved] Games wont lauch from external SD
Thread's title edited.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2