Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
should i buy a ps2?
05-19-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: should i buy a ps2?
In my experience with pcsx2 my favor game dbz b 3 lags like hell on my Toshiba i3 4gb ram

My specs
Redmi Note 10.
Check My Profile For Tested Games(Bio Section)
Testing multiplayer - MGS PW - God Eater - Dbz

Contact me on Twitter @BradEDias for help with ppsspp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2014, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2014 02:45 PM by youhacked1.)
The problem with the emulation is the compatibility. Some games may have more graphical glitches rather than graphical improvement and others crash weirdly. I recommend buying a PS2 rather than emulate, not only is it LEGAL you also actually need its BIOS to play the Emulator as downloading it is illegal. it would be a much better experience playing it on a larger standard TV makes you feel like a little boy.

Forum test
(Insert Computer Specs Here)
So much Video Games.... So little time....
05-20-2014, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2014 02:56 PM by NaughtyDogFTW.)
(05-20-2014 02:42 PM)youhacked1 Wrote:  The problem with the emulation is the compatibility. Some games may have more graphical glitches rather than graphical improvement and others crash weirdly. I recommend buying a PS2 rather than emulate, not only is it LEGAL you also actually need its BIOS to play the Emulator as downloading it is illegal. it would be a much better experience playing it on a larger standard TV makes you feel like a little boy.

1.You can connect pc to your tv
2.Its legal if you own the original console
3.Modern Tvs usually dont work with old consoles(my ps2 doesnt have hdmi cable so.. i cant connect it to my tv unless i buy an adapter)
4.Only some games crash on pcsx2... and the game he wants to play,dbz budokai3 works fine

Off:

Hey vegeta... Nice shirt!
05-20-2014, 02:59 PM
(05-20-2014 02:54 PM)NaughtyDogFTW Wrote:  1.You can connect pc to your tv
2.Its legal if you own the original console
3.Modern Tvs usually dont work with old consoles(my ps2 doesnt have hdmi cable so.. i cant connect it to my tv unless i buy an adapter)
4.Only some games crash on pcsx2... and the game he wants to play,dbz budokai3 works fine

Off:

Hey vegeta... Nice shirt!

thats why i said a larger "Standard" tv the standard resolution types Tongue the ones that are expensive to repair XD

Forum test
(Insert Computer Specs Here)
So much Video Games.... So little time....
05-20-2014, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2014 03:21 PM by Haseeb.)
Just ignore all of them and get a PS2 , I had a ps2 , I still regret about selling it after I got xbox 360 , I love a lot of ps2 games that are even not available on 360. I miss playing Shadow of the Colossus (best game on earth) and DBZ Budukai Tenkaichi 3 , Naruto Ultimate Ninja series , Tekken Series etc. I am sure I am going to buy a ps2 soon! And who ever says to go for pcsx2 , I really dont appreciate that! PCSX2 is the biggest pain in the a@@ especiallly on laptops , you need extremely powerful laptop to run pcsx2 smoothly and you can bet the laptop still wont be able to run a lot of games at full speed! PCSX2 is good on powerful PCs , if you want a laptop that can handle pcsx2 flawlessly then dont expect it to be less than 15000 $ ! While you can buy a ps2 in 110$ or even less for enjoying games ! You can burn your own ps2 games onto DVD and play them because ps2 games are rarely avaialbe in marke. I say go and get ps2! Smile PS : Oh I forgot about God of War series and Resident evil series on ps2 : )

The Signature!
05-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Quote:3.Modern Tvs usually dont work with old consoles(my ps2 doesnt have hdmi cable so.. i cant connect it to my tv unless i buy an adapter)

Lol, all TVs today still has the AV or Component in, even the most modern, at least mine has. The only problem is the resolution, if you use the AV cable (yellow, red and white) the image will be very pixeled, but if you buy a Component cable (green, blue, red [one for audio and other for video] and white) the image will be a bit better. The PS2 games are rendered in 480i (SD).

And emulators are illegal is some countries, the most people doesn't know, but it's true. But I think nobody cares about this.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
05-20-2014, 06:31 PM
(05-20-2014 05:51 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  
Quote:3.Modern Tvs usually dont work with old consoles(my ps2 doesnt have hdmi cable so.. i cant connect it to my tv unless i buy an adapter)

Lol, all TVs today still has the AV or Component in, even the most modern, at least mine has. The only problem is the resolution, if you use the AV cable (yellow, red and white) the image will be very pixeled, but if you buy a Component cable (green, blue, red [one for audio and other for video] and white) the image will be a bit better. The PS2 games are rendered in 480i (SD).

And emulators are illegal is some countries, the most people doesn't know, but it's true. But I think nobody cares about this.

Infelizmente eu tenho uma Tv samsung apenas com hdmi..
Emuladores são legais se tiver a consola original e o jogo a ser emulado.
Por exemplo eu tenho ps2 fat e god of war 2, NÃO é ilegal joga-lo no meu PC. Agora se por exemplo eu não tiver uma consola wii e jogar no emulador dolphin um jogo do super mario galaxy assim ja é ilegal.

@@Haseeb I wouldnt recomend getting laptop for heavy emulation/gaming, however i'm sure you dont need 15000$ for a good laptop Huh for 700$ i can get a laptop wich runs most, if not all games on native resolution.

Anyway if "Xboxmandude" wants to play ps2 games and spent less money i would recomend either original ps2 or desktop PC.
05-20-2014, 07:18 PM
(05-20-2014 06:31 PM)NaughtyDogFTW Wrote:  

Por exemplo eu tenho ps2 fat e god of war 2, NÃO é ilegal joga-lo no meu PC. Agora se por exemplo eu não tiver uma consola wii e jogar no emulador dolphin um jogo do super mario galaxy assim ja é ilegal.

@@Haseeb I wouldnt recomend getting laptop for heavy emulation/gaming, however i'm sure you dont need 15000$ for a good laptop Huh for 700$ i can get a laptop wich runs most, if not all games on native resolution.

Anyway if "Xboxmandude" wants to play ps2 games and spent less money i would recomend either original ps2 or desktop PC.

Lol, I think you forgot to write in english. Big Grin

But the problem is not the ROMs, the problem is that the emulators harms the consoles selling, and great harm, according to what I saw on internet. But it's very hard a person that has the console use an emulator. The most people that use emulators doesn't have the console, the also the most of them also prefer to download the games instead to buy it.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
05-21-2014, 02:58 PM
(05-20-2014 07:18 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  

But the problem is not the ROMs, the problem is that the emulators harms the consoles selling, and great harm, according to what I saw on internet. But it's very hard a person that has the console use an emulator. The most people that use emulators doesn't have the console, the also the most of them also prefer to download the games instead to buy it.

I tough you were brazilian? Huh

"the emulators harms the consoles selling" thats not true wii was one of the fastest consoles to get hacked and emulated(due to being similar to gamecube) and it still sold really well, i agree most people use emulators without having the original console however not all are like that. For example me, i have psp however i prefer playing on pc WAY BETTER! in emulators besides having better graphics, you can use savestats, use any controller and i can have all my favourite games in one place.
05-21-2014, 08:06 PM
(05-21-2014 02:58 PM)NaughtyDogFTW Wrote:  
(05-20-2014 07:18 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  

I tough you were brazilian? Huh

"the emulators harms the consoles selling" thats not true wii was one of the fastest consoles to get hacked and emulated(due to being similar to gamecube) and it still sold really well, i agree most people use emulators without having the original console however not all are like that. For example me, i have psp however i prefer playing on pc WAY BETTER! in emulators besides having better graphics, you can use savestats, use any controller and i can have all my favourite games in one place.

Yeah, I'm. But in this place of forum you should speak english. Wink

OK, but that doesn't justify the emulators' legality yet. They've created the law, then it's a law, we need respect the laws! We can't do anything against it, unless we do something to change the law...

05-28-2014, 09:27 AM
why are people stupidly suggesting a gaming laptop? the price difference between a PS2 and one of those is huge
05-28-2014, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2014 03:46 PM by ade32.)
(05-20-2014 03:20 PM)Haseeb Wrote:  Just ignore all of them and get a PS2 , I had a ps2 , I still regret about selling it after I got xbox 360 , I love a lot of ps2 games that are even not available on 360. I miss playing Shadow of the Colossus (best game on earth) and DBZ Budukai Tenkaichi 3 , Naruto Ultimate Ninja series , Tekken Series etc. I am sure I am going to buy a ps2 soon! And who ever says to go for pcsx2 , I really dont appreciate that! PCSX2 is the biggest pain in the a@@ especiallly on laptops , you need extremely powerful laptop to run pcsx2 smoothly and you can bet the laptop still wont be able to run a lot of games at full speed! PCSX2 is good on powerful PCs , if you want a laptop that can handle pcsx2 flawlessly then dont expect it to be less than 15000 $ ! While you can buy a ps2 in 110$ or even less for enjoying games ! You can burn your own ps2 games onto DVD and play them because ps2 games are rarely avaialbe in marke. I say go and get ps2! Smile PS : Oh I forgot about God of War series and Resident evil series on ps2 : )

@haseeb : i 100% agree with your opinion. better buying a ps2 rather then emulate it on pc. it's just funny if someone buying ps2 then dump the bios on pc for emulate pcsx2! then what about the console machine??? you just spending your money only buying the bios??? unless you have old ps2, it graphic is out of date then you want playing a ps2 game in hd, just welcome to pcsx2. but this is different story!! MY ADVICE : BETTER GRAB PS2 RIGHT NOW BEFORE TOO LATE because it's will gone forever. see on http://jagatplay.com/2012/12/news/selama...station-2/ (ops out of date news , please translate by yourself)

Quote:But the problem is not the ROMs, the problem is that the emulators harms the consoles selling, and great harm, according to what I saw on internet. But it's very hard a person that has the console use an emulator. The most people that use emulators doesn't have the console, the also the most of them also prefer to download the games instead to buy it.

yeah i totally agree with you @GuilhermeGS2 . using emulator decrease the epicness of the real console.

my pc version:
windows 7 ultimate

my pc specs :
intel(R) core(TM)2 duo cpu
E7500 @2,93GHz
2,93GHz, 2,00 GB of RAM

sorry for bad english, i'm indonesian.
05-31-2014, 01:38 AM
.hack//g.u. vol. 1 rebirth, vol. 2 reminisce, vol. 3 redemption is very epic, nice graphics
05-31-2014, 06:27 AM
Real ps2 best, but ps2 emulator on smartphone/tablet... Ideal for me. I like portable gaming, I no watch TV anymore!
06-03-2014, 09:29 PM
As much as my N64 and older systems are pinnacles of wonderful childhood nostalgia, I think the ps2 may be my favorite gaming system of all time. If you adore JRPGs like I do, I truly think there is no greater console. I really liked the PS2-era of gaming. Plus there is glorious backwards compatibility. So you have the entire fantastic PS2 AND PSX library to enjoy.

My original fatass PS2 from 2001 still works like a charm (as does my N64 from 1996 when I was 6 years old). I'm convinced those things would survive a nuclear holocaust.