what do you think about NOKIA XL
04-29-2014, 09:11 AM
Question what do you think about NOKIA XL
Complete Specifications Nokia XL
Quote:- Processor : Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual-core 1 GHz
- Memory : 768 MB RAM
- Data storage capacity : 4 GB , can be improved by up to 32 GB MicroSD
- Display : IPS LCD 5 -inch WVGA ( 800 x 400 ) , 187 ppi
- Connectivity : Dual SIM ( MicroSIM ) , Micro - USB , USB 2.0 , GPS , Bluetooth 3.0 , WiFi 802.11 b / g / n
- Network : WCDMA : 900 MHz , 2100 MHz ; GSM : 850 MHz , 900 MHz , 1900 MHz
- Sensors : Ambient light sensor , accelerometer , proximity sensor
- Main camera : 5 MP with flash
- Front camera : 2 MP
- Physical dimensions : 141.3 x 77.7 x 10.8 mm
- Weight : 190 grams
- Battery : 2,000 mAh ( battery can be removed )
- Operating system : Nokia X platforms ( Android AOSP )
- Color : black , blue , green , red , white , and yellow

finally Nokia proudly released their android products. after all this time they insisted on the window phone product. This makes me happy but that's not the reason I made this thread. I don't really understand about software on a smartphone-core example. therefore I want to ask if nokia xl can emulated ppsspp??

my pc version:
windows 7 ultimate

my pc specs :
intel(R) core(TM)2 duo cpu
E7500 @2,93GHz
2,93GHz, 2,00 GB of RAM

sorry for bad english, i'm indonesian.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2014, 10:02 AM
RE: what do you think about NOKIA XL
I think this has adreno 203 gpu and that basically means it's way too weak for smooth psp emulation. It would run games, but at very low fps even at lowest possible settings.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
04-29-2014, 10:44 AM
(04-29-2014 10:02 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  I think this has adreno 203 gpu and that basically means it's way too weak for smooth psp emulation. It would run games, but at very low fps even at lowest possible settings.

Sad nokia xl too weak for ppsspp.

my pc version:
windows 7 ultimate

my pc specs :
E7500 @2,93GHz
2,93GHz, 2,00 GB of RAM

04-29-2014, 10:52 AM
i think it will run lot of games fuul speed like dragon ball z tag team , lord of arcana , brave story , ...

also Drastic emulator will work full speed for most 3d games and non heavy 3d games

i m French sry for my English ^_^

Not everyone is an english native speaker.It's fine.
04-29-2014, 10:55 AM
(04-29-2014 10:52 AM)slamandar Wrote:  i think it will run lot of games fuul speed like dragon ball z tag team , lord of arcana , brave story , ...

also Drastic emulator will work full speed for most 3d games and non heavy 3d games

yeah i hope so Big Grin

my pc version:
windows 7 ultimate

my pc specs :
E7500 @2,93GHz
2,93GHz, 2,00 GB of RAM

04-30-2014, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 10:08 AM by VIRGIN KLM.)
I highly doubt it would, or better, I'm sure it won't be able to handle either PPSSPP or Drastic at fullspeed other than some really non demanding games if that. Snapdragon on PPSSPP is a no go either way, on top of that Snapdragon S4 is pretty slow model plus Adreno 203 is no good for PPSSPP either. Nokia XL is a pretty good entry-level device for it's price but the good things with that device end there.
04-30-2014, 10:50 PM
(04-30-2014 10:06 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  I highly doubt it would, or better, I'm sure it won't be able to handle either PPSSPP or Drastic at fullspeed other than some really non demanding games if that. Snapdragon on PPSSPP is a no go either way, on top of that Snapdragon S4 is pretty slow model plus Adreno 203 is no good for PPSSPP either. Nokia XL is a pretty good entry-level device for it's price but the good things with that device end there.
It would probably run alot of games at full speed! The specifications are not that weak as you imagine! I can bet , except of some highly demanding games like god of war , resistance etc . It will run 85% + of the compatible games at playable speeds! Think of the Xperia play , it has 1 ghz Single core processor with adreno 203 , and xperia play runs god of war ghost of sparta at almost 100% speed with sound turned on! now xperia play is weaker than Nokia XL ! Any objections?

The Signature!
05-01-2014, 05:20 AM
To make it clear . Nokia isnt a fully packed android cell phone it might have android but limitations packed inside are just pathetic step from Nokia creators . You can notice on the beggining that they have their own vision on how to do things but i can clearly say that wasnt a good step for Nokia why? Well Nokias android isnt an open scource it was designed for 1 phone to be there and cant do anything with that . You cant modify system because its too weak to handle any mods plus its secured of doing that as we can see and feel Nokia just packed something like "android launcher" or emulator of android but if you wanna get deeper you will still notice a subtelle version on W8. Altrough it looks nice might even compare it to Touchwizz or Nova launcher but android? Never . It wont run games on PPSSPP since it wasnt designed to do that since it weak gpu ram and procrssor with poor support . I was really suprised when Nokia released X series and expectations of XL was high but instead of doing an high end phone they might did it but only from a graphic side. 3 of my friends got them and cant call them happy users since they wanna trade them for somethinf better Smile so... go ahead and sell that crap to get phone with good support like S3/S3 LTE Xperia Z Z1 etc . Nokias never put anything nee into their phones from beggining so dont expect big things Smile just sell it .

My sausage is your sausage just ask for it .

SGS3 LTE Octa Core 4.4.3 32GB+64
05-01-2014, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 12:48 PM by slamandar.)
i don't know about Snapdragon but i have a samsung galaxy phone with a 1.2 ghz cpu dual and 768 MB RAM , and lot of games work full speed like i had mention before Dragon ball z tag team , naruto games ..... so i think it won't be really different from this Nokia xl

i m French sry for my English ^_^

Not everyone is an english native speaker.It's fine.
05-11-2014, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 10:14 AM by ade32.)
I have decided, I'm going to buy a nokia xl in the future. although it may be slow in running ppsspp but this is my favorite brand. not easy to switch from nokia to other brands because I'm loyal-type Tongue

my pc version:
windows 7 ultimate

my pc specs :
E7500 @2,93GHz
2,93GHz, 2,00 GB of RAM

05-17-2014, 10:15 AM
(05-11-2014 10:14 AM)ade32 Wrote:  I have decided, I'm going to buy a nokia xl in the future. although it may be slow in running ppsspp but this is my favorite brand. not easy to switch from nokia to other brands because I'm loyal-type Tongue
Well then this will pretty be the last Nokia device you'd get, since Microsoft acquired Nokia and they will switch the brand from now on.
05-18-2014, 11:10 AM
(05-17-2014 10:15 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 10:14 AM)ade32 Wrote:  I have decided, I'm going to buy a nokia xl in the future. although it may be slow in running ppsspp but this is my favorite brand. not easy to switch from nokia to other brands because I'm loyal-type Tongue
Well then this will pretty be the last Nokia device you'd get, since Microsoft acquired Nokia and they will switch the brand from now on.

yeah, i've heard that news before but not really a matter for me. at least i got different way to enjoying android.

my pc version:
windows 7 ultimate

my pc specs :
E7500 @2,93GHz
2,93GHz, 2,00 GB of RAM