Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.31 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
06-29-2016, 09:08 AM
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
[quote='gallowsAnatomy' pid='119463' dateline='1467176168']
So, i'm on a mac, and i'm running version 1.1.1 and when I get to tartarus for the first time it crashes. I'm running ppsspp out of openemu, but i know that i got past this section of the game before and now i'm currently stuck. Any suggestions for how to get the game to go past this cutscene?
[/quot

My cool rom version works fines i'm quite far into the game have you tried skipping the scene completely or downloading from a different site like loveroms?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2016, 02:08 PM
(06-29-2016 09:08 AM)[email protected] Wrote:  My cool rom version works fines i'm quite far into the game have you tried skipping the scene completely or downloading from a different site like loveroms?

So, somehow, I managed to get past that cut scene, and taking your advice, i went and downloaded a new copy of the rom from a different site. And i've now reached a new crash point which is whenever i'm in block 2 of tartarus, it crashes as soon as Akihiko uses Zio.
07-02-2016, 02:53 PM
You might be going from one iso patched to work with one version of CFW to one patched a different way to work on annother. The best way to make sure it is not the game at all causing issues is to take your own UMD and create an iso using your psp.
09-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Uhh Guys by the way i played PS3 Alot but it have not a single problem. :/ Also i use The latest Version of the PpSsPp But it works fine. (lucky I guess or not?) And its not slow (sometimes)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-11-2016, 12:28 AM
Hi there, I play persona 3 on the ppsspp app on my android phone (Xiaomi Mi3). It's been working since early September until recently. When I launch ppsspp, I have no issues. But once I start up persona 3, the app crashes and shuts down. Anyone have any ideas what to do?
10-11-2016, 04:34 AM
(10-11-2016 12:28 AM)littleprincefox Wrote:  Hi there, I play persona 3 on the ppsspp app on my android phone (Xiaomi Mi3). It's been working since early September until recently. When I launch ppsspp, I have no issues. But once I start up persona 3, the app crashes and shuts down. Anyone have any ideas what to do?

So what changed with either (your Mi3 or PPSSPP). 99% of the time if a game was working but now does not, something changed. The best way to find the issue and get it back up and running is to first figure out all the changes and to figure out which broke the game. Then figure out the best solution based on why it broke.
10-12-2016, 10:28 PM
(10-11-2016 04:34 AM)TkSilver Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 12:28 AM)littleprincefox Wrote:  Hi there, I play persona 3 on the ppsspp app on my android phone (Xiaomi Mi3). It's been working since early September until recently. When I launch ppsspp, I have no issues. But once I start up persona 3, the app crashes and shuts down. Anyone have any ideas what to do?

So what changed with either (your Mi3 or PPSSPP). 99% of the time if a game was working but now does not, something changed. The best way to find the issue and get it back up and running is to first figure out all the changes and to figure out which broke the game. Then figure out the best solution based on why it broke.

I somehow got it to work again. To anyone with a similar problem:
From what I recall, I believe it was the save state which was corrupted/causing the game to crash on auto-loading the save state when I tried to start up the game. Loading another save (regular game save) fixed the crash-on-load issue.Trying to reload on the 'corrupted' save would just cause the game to crash again, so I just played from the one that would work.
Thanks for your assistance though :^ )
11-09-2016, 05:46 AM
I'm having a problem on june 10th when the one of the s. link partners comes asking me to do stuff that day. everything up to this point has been fine, the game has ran smoothly etc. bbut after the conversation the game freezes. any possible fixes?
11-13-2016, 06:30 AM
device: galaxy note 4

tried to play p3p on my phone. And then as soon as yukari leads me into my room game crashes while loading.

does anyone have same problem?

tried both korean/japanese iso and they do both crash...

did not try english version yet tho
11-30-2016, 05:48 AM
Im new to ppsspp i tried downloading persona 3 from free roms i moved the iso file into the game file under psp the game shows up but it only works up to the first auto save point then crashes please help
01-23-2017, 06:14 PM
Hello I'm having a problem with Persona 3. Since the newest update the game hasn't been able to boot up. Can someone please help me!?

This is strange because this hasn't happened before, and the game would used to run almost perfectly
04-06-2017, 02:40 PM
Persona 3 Portable - Version 1.4 D3D 11 Crash

Hello guys,

I'm new to the forum, so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place.

Anyhow, I wanted to report a bug that I experienced in Persona 3 Portable in the new PPSSPP 1.4 version

If I chose the backend rendering mode to be D3D 11, the game crashes almost immediately at the beginning. This problem is not present in other rendering modes, only in D3D 11. I will put images where the crash happens.

That's it. I wanted to report this bug. Thanks guys.

04-07-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable - Version 1.4 D3D 11 Crash
Thanks for reporting, should be fixed in a git build soon:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/9566

-[Unknown]
04-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-22-2017, 12:10 PM
hello guys,

i have a similar problem as gazekiel. playing on a oneplus 2 with the 1.4 build, and as soon as the game tries to load the dorm at the start of the game it just crashes and shuts down ppsspp. already tried different isos, same result. anybody able to help. thank you!