forums.PPSSPP.org
Another question about japanese characters - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Another question about japanese characters (/showthread.php?tid=7962)

Another question about japanese characters - Gurlok - 12-20-2013 02:33 PM

I was looking at the japanese character list built within the emu, and I'm unable to see the " ・ " (Ellipsis) , I suppose that it is missing, or I'm so blind to the point of not seeing it?

RE: Another question about japanese characters - grief3r - 12-21-2013 08:13 AM

i think there's some problems displaying ascii characters even on english sometimes not all letters showing up

RE: Another question about japanese characters - Gurlok - 12-21-2013 06:37 PM

(12-21-2013 08:13 AM)grief3r Wrote:  i think there's some problems displaying ascii characters even on english sometimes not all letters showing up

I'm not sure about this, even because I can switch my os in japanese, the only issues I found are with the russian language, displaying different "?" instead of its alphabet, but I suppose that it's caused by the absence of the language pack on my os.

RE: Another question about japanese characters - TheDax - 12-21-2013 06:59 PM

If you mean when you're viewing the OSK, a language pack won't solve that. The language characters built into PPSSPP are still incomplete.

RE: Another question about japanese characters - Gurlok - 12-21-2013 10:23 PM

(12-21-2013 06:59 PM)TheDax Wrote:  If you mean when you're viewing the OSK, a language pack won't solve that. The language characters built into PPSSPP are still incomplete.

Yeah, that's what I asked (and thought), so the missing Ellipsis should be for that reason. Btw gratz on becoming a mod, Daxtsu!

RE: Another question about japanese characters - TheDax - 12-22-2013 12:15 AM

Thanks. Yeah, I was just trying to clarify that a language pack won't make a difference; if the OSK is missing something, it's not because of your OS.

RE: Another question about japanese characters - Gurlok - 12-22-2013 08:08 AM

(12-22-2013 12:15 AM)TheDax Wrote:  Thanks. Yeah, I was just trying to clarify that a language pack won't make a difference; if the OSK is missing something, it's not because of your OS.

Eh eh, yeah, thanks for your confirmation Smile .