forums.PPSSPP.org
something's wrong with the frame skipping - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: something's wrong with the frame skipping (/showthread.php?tid=5762)

something's wrong with the frame skipping - sowonforever09 - 08-22-2013 06:23 AM

games lags now even the menus , when frame skipping is on

RE: something's wrong with the frame skipping - warweeny - 08-22-2013 11:03 AM

then turn it off ;P

RE: something's wrong with the frame skipping - Henrik - 08-22-2013 12:07 PM

Frame skipping was easy back in SNES days but on modern consoles like the PSP it's not even 100% clear when a frame actually starts and ends from the point of the game. What we have now is the result of the last of three attempts from my side to have the emulator do some guessing, and yeah, there's room for improvement.

However, I rather spend my time making the emu faster, reducing the need for frameskipping in the first place...

RE: something's wrong with the frame skipping - TheDax - 08-22-2013 08:24 PM

Also keep in mind frameskipping is just that: it's skipping frames. So sluggishness in the graphics is to be expected. If you're not thrilled about it, play on Windows/Linux/Mac with a decent PC/Mac. Phones/tablets are still a ways off from running every game without it.

RE: something's wrong with the frame skipping - bonquacks - 08-22-2013 10:07 PM

(08-22-2013 08:24 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  Also keep in mind frameskipping is just that: it's skipping frames. So sluggishness in the graphics is to be expected. If you're not thrilled about it, play on Windows/Linux/Mac with a decent PC/Mac. Phones/tablets are still a ways off from running every game without it.

What he said. Sometimes mobile phone/tablet users have unrealistic expectations about what their devices are capable off.

Face it, your Android phone is nowhere close to desktop/laptop PC level performance. Accept those limitations and work your device around them.

The PC is still king when it comes to emulators. Nuff' said.

RE: something's wrong with the frame skipping - cyclonmaster - 08-23-2013 12:27 AM

(08-22-2013 08:24 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  Also keep in mind frameskipping is just that: it's skipping frames. So sluggishness in the graphics is to be expected. If you're not thrilled about it, play on Windows/Linux/Mac with a decent PC/Mac. Phones/tablets are still a ways off from running every game without it.

I wonder how Exophase manage to make his Drastic doing well with frameskipping.

RE: something's wrong with the frame skipping - Ritori - 08-23-2013 01:14 AM

(08-22-2013 10:07 PM)bonquacks Wrote:  

What he said. Sometimes mobile phone/tablet users have unrealistic expectations about what their devices are capable off.

Face it, your Android phone is nowhere close to desktop/laptop PC level performance. Accept those limitations and work your device around them.

The PC is still king when it comes to emulators. Nuff' said.

Yup i think my interest on PC that phone . I still got my old nokia phone still don't interesting buy new one. (pc first then phone)
I really want to buy new PC same as daxtsu is or ever stronger Big Grin

RE: something's wrong with the frame skipping - sowonforever09 - 08-23-2013 01:59 AM

i know but before 0.81 , it doesn't lag when frame skipping is on