forums.PPSSPP.org
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Commercial Games - Compatibility and Results (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Playable Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER (/showthread.php?tid=4172)

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Nanoha.Pwns.You - 06-28-2013 04:54 AM

Question, the EBOOT doesn't necessarily have to BE inside the usrdir/content directory after extraction with your tool? since the largest file I got "10.RAW" is at the same directory as all those PNG files... ?

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - TheDax - 06-28-2013 04:58 AM

No, it won't be inside usrdir/content if you use this PKG extractor program.

Update: Edited first post with a new bugfix. It shouldn't affect anything, but the actual check wasn't that great..

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Nanoha.Pwns.You - 06-28-2013 05:05 AM

So I got the 10.RAW file after extracting as the largest file available, renamed it to EBOOT.PBP and copied it to a directory with a couple of tools.

1. Running "mongoose -" on command prompt = NpegOpen Error..
2. Running npdpc either double clicking or running in command prompt still results in NpegOpen error.

Thoughts?

EDIT. Using version 2 of your PKG tool now gives a "Illegal Character in Path" error.

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - TheDax - 06-28-2013 05:25 AM

It seems like the PKG extractor doesn't decrypt the eboot.bin. I'll look for a way to decrypt it. Mangoose/npdpc need it to be in a decrypted form before the ISO can be extracted, it seems.

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Nanoha.Pwns.You - 06-28-2013 05:35 AM

I see well, take your time and I hope you have taken note of the "Illegal Character in Path" error that occurs when using the version 2 of your extractor. The first one extracts fine though...

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - TheDax - 06-28-2013 06:33 AM

Temporarily removed the extractor until I can find a better solution..

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - IsaacSin - 06-28-2013 01:07 PM

Thanks for working on this, Dax.

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - [email protected] - 06-28-2013 01:23 PM

i dont have ps3 ,so can i make MH3 hd ? ,or download ps3 file from internet
sorry about my english

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - bastata - 06-28-2013 02:01 PM

as I translate the game?

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Nanoha.Pwns.You - 06-28-2013 02:07 PM

(06-28-2013 01:23 PM)[email protected] Wrote:  i dont have ps3 ,so can i make MH3 hd ? ,or download ps3 file from internet
sorry about my english

So far, you will have to install the PKG file to a hacked PS3 to get the necessary stuff to make a MHP3HD ISO.
daxtsu is probably/hopefully working on something that will let users bypass having to install it to a PS3 to get the necessary stuff, so you have to be patient.

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - joekenton - 06-28-2013 03:20 PM

I know Piracy talk isn't allowed on this forum but there is a PPSSPP ready ISO out there, you'll have to find it yourselves.

Anyway as I have this working I'd like to do some bug reporting:

I'm getting slow down when in fullscreen mode at the entrance of the farm. Can't see any reports in the log file as it's flooded by sceAtrac3setloopnum entries

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - srdjan1995 - 06-28-2013 03:29 PM

Also, like joekenton said, i also know piracy is not supported, but u can find pbp file on google, and just convert it to iso.. But, u have to find it urself..

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - TheDax - 06-28-2013 03:31 PM

Please don't mention downloading ISOs/PBPs again in this thread, thanks.

Anyway, as far as slowdown goes, is it VPS slowdown or FPS slowdown?

If it's VPS slowdown, that means your PC/device isn't keeping up with the demands that the game needs. HD Remasters are more demanding than their regular PSP counterparts.
If it's FPS slowdown, there's likely a timing bug. Try the CPU Speed lock option; a couple people back on page 4 or 5 said a speed of 666mhz helped the FPS slowdown(keep in mind this will make the game even more demanding).

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - joekenton - 06-28-2013 03:47 PM

(06-28-2013 03:31 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  Please don't mention downloading ISOs/PBPs again in this thread, thanks.

Anyway, as far as slowdown goes, is it VPS slowdown or FPS slowdown?

If it's VPS slowdown, that means your PC/device isn't keeping up with the demands that the game needs. HD Remasters are more demanding than their regular PSP counterparts.
If it's FPS slowdown, there's likely a timing bug. Try the CPU Speed lock option; a couple people back on page 4 or 5 said a speed of 666mhz helped the FPS slowdown(keep in mind this will make the game even more demanding).

It's VPS I think. However my PC is pretty good (i5 3750k 3.4GHz / 16 RAM / GTX 560 TI) I don't see an option for CPU speed in the emulator, is it in the ini?

EDIT: These slow downs only ever happen in fullscreen, I'm always playing at 4x render res but windowed mode runs fine.

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - TheDax - 06-28-2013 03:50 PM

First go to Settings -> Graphics, then hit next page twice until you see "Show VPS", and make sure you have it set to Both, that way you can confirm which one it is.

After that, if it is indeed FPS, in your PPSSPP.ini file, set CPUSpeed = 0 to something like CPUSpeed = 666, or maybe 333. Feel free to experiment.