forums.PPSSPP.org
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Commercial Games - Compatibility and Results (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Playable Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER (/showthread.php?tid=4172)

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Nanoha.Pwns.You - 08-04-2013 10:15 AM

(08-04-2013 10:04 AM)crawn8 Wrote:  whenever the movie started my screen become black but still have sound but i still can play when i press start or the movie complete. it's just me or anyone here got same prob?

"It's not a bug, its a feature!", sorry couldn't resist Big Grin
Don't worry, you aren't alone with that. Support for videos hasn't arrived yet (AFAIK, proprietary codecs or something? I could be wrong).
Don't worry about it, its not a "problem", just a bunch of CG videos anyways Dodgy, you ain't missing much. You aren't playing a Monster Hunter game
for the CG, you are playing it for epic Monster Hunting.. errr slaying! Smile

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - TheDax - 08-04-2013 10:20 AM

Movies missing is nothing new. It's listed in the first post. But anyway, I wouldn't count on them being fixed anytime soon. Oioitff's still on vacation/busy. Plus, like Nanoha said, Monster Hunter isn't exactly known for its epic story [because it doesn't have one..you're a hunter that came to protect whichever given village you're in].

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - darkjoe16 - 08-05-2013 11:44 AM

sorry i little bit late, but can someone show me the great rev to play this game without lagging in the main village and farm? i got rev 0.81-741 with 35 speed at main village and farm, and how it's the setting, thanks gents!

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - vnctdj - 08-05-2013 12:18 PM

(08-05-2013 11:44 AM)darkjoe16 Wrote:  sorry i little bit late, but can someone show me the great rev to play this game without lagging in the main village and farm? i got rev 0.81-741 with 35 speed at main village and farm, and how it's the setting, thanks gents!

Why not testing the latest available build here ? Wink

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - TheDax - 08-05-2013 08:50 PM

I'd also suggest a newer revision, since older revisions spam the debug log, slowing the game down. In newer revisions you can turn off logging altogether(I actually put in this feature for this game and for MHFU, lol), which should give a good performance boost(zero boost on games that don't spam the log, but MHFU and 3rd HD do, so you're in luck). Also, make sure you view Solarmystic's performance guide.

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - kerupukalot - 08-06-2013 08:28 AM

how do you turn off logging? i dont see any option to do so, im using v0.8.1-1081-g73d7f49 64bit

is it only by disable/hide the logging window? (ctrl+L), or is there something else?

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - TheDax - 08-06-2013 08:30 AM

It's under Developer in the options. I've hidden it away there since typical users don't really need to turn it off(power users, sure, but those guys who are like 'HALP MAH PLEEZE, FIX IT' can use the logging to help us, lol).

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - joekenton - 08-06-2013 12:53 PM

I'm not entirely sure about the difference between non-buffered and buffered rendering but this game looks a bit sharper and better with non-buffered rendering. You can see the difference in the item icons.

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - vnctdj - 08-06-2013 02:12 PM

(08-06-2013 08:30 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  It's under Developer in the options. I've hidden it away there since typical users don't really need to turn it off(power users, sure, but those guys who are like 'HALP MAH PLEEZE, FIX IT' can use the logging to help us, lol).

And this is a good thing Wink

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Gurlok - 08-06-2013 03:01 PM

(08-06-2013 08:30 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  It's under Developer in the options. I've hidden it away there since typical users don't really need to turn it off(power users, sure, but those guys who are like 'HALP MAH PLEEZE, FIX IT' can use the logging to help us, lol).

This made my day, even those people can be useful lol.

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Nanoha.Pwns.You - 08-06-2013 03:07 PM

(08-06-2013 03:01 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  

This made my day, even those people can be useful lol.
That is, until they ask for "HAO CAN I DUMPZ MAH LOGZ?" or "I CANTZ ZEE ANY CONZOLE" or something like that? Smile

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - solarmystic - 08-06-2013 03:31 PM

Sigh.

I've bolded that part in my guide to make it more visible. (It was already noted.)

People need to take the time to read each step carefully.

I've purposefully left out screenshots from the guide to encourage folk to read again and also, since we're in a transitionary phase when it comes to the UI (Old to NewUI), but it seems like I may have to link the options to them after all.

Ain't nobody got time for that (reading), it seems.

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - vnctdj - 08-06-2013 03:42 PM

(08-06-2013 03:31 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  

Sigh.

I've bolded that part in my guide to make it more visible. (It was already noted.)

People need to take the time to read each step carefully.

I've purposefully left out screenshots from the guide to encourage folk to read again and also, since we're in a transitionary phase when it comes to the UI (Old to NewUI), but it seems like I may have to link the options to them after all.

Ain't nobody got time for that (reading), it seems.

You have made a very good work my friend, please don't despair Smile
If people don't take the time to read carefully then it's their problem, not ours... Wink

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Gurlok - 08-06-2013 04:28 PM

I completely agree with vnctdj, you did a great job, those people are at fault, they don't never read rules and guides (I'm not accusing anybody, this is referred in general), you know the drill...sadly this is something that will likely not change...

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - TheDax - 08-07-2013 06:04 AM

In theory this game should run on Android(I don't think anyone's tested up until this point, have they?); I have it running in Genymotion on my PC for fun(I'm pretty sure it translates ARM -> x86 when running ARM apps(which PPSSPP is), so when you run PPSSPP, it's going MIPS -> ARM -> x86). Here's a screenshot for laughs(click/touch for full size):

[Image: iEh9wUGgKfELS.png]

Don't let the speed fool you, it doesn't run very smoothly, though that's to be expected, given how I'm emulating it(an emulator inside an emulator is generally a Bad Idea™). I'd guess we probably still need another 6 months to a year before this gem really becomes playable on mobiles.