forums.PPSSPP.org
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Commercial Games - Compatibility and Results (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Playable Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER (/showthread.php?tid=4172)

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Hurrfdurrf22 - 07-09-2013 04:03 PM

(07-09-2013 03:17 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  
(07-09-2013 02:45 PM)Hurrfdurrf22 Wrote:  Japanese Iso is running fine.

When I start the patched iso the screen looks like this, tried some options on on/off but nothing changes.

Also I dont have any menus when starting the game, there are no letters there.

You definitely used the wrong patch with the game.

I made the same mistake a while back and had the exact same issues you did.

Make sure you're using the right PS3 patch which is here:-

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/ANCXZQKA/MHP3RD_English_Patch_TMO_PS3_5.0.0.zip_links

Thanks it worked.

Now to figure out how to get cwcheat working with the HD Ver

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Nanoha.Pwns.You - 07-09-2013 05:00 PM

(07-09-2013 03:57 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  [quote='Nanoha.Pwns.You' pid='34989' dateline='1373383684']
Quote:...
So my suggested workaround is:

1. DPAD up/down on your dpad
2. DPAD left/right on your RAS.

That is what i have now. The deadzone detection though, as you mentioned a few posts back, seems broken, I tried setting the x-axis deadzone in x360ce to 85-90% but it still didn't work(self-rotating camera, self-scrolling menus etc. ) Sad

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - rodimustheogre - 07-09-2013 05:27 PM

Game works great guys thanks for all your hard work.
Someone mentioned getting more than 30 FPS?
How would i accomplish this? I am currently getting 60 VPS and 30 FPS and 30 just doesn't cut it playing on my 42 inch tv.
Thanks!

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Nanoha.Pwns.You - 07-09-2013 05:31 PM

(07-09-2013 05:27 PM)rodimustheogre Wrote:  Game works great guys thanks for all your hard work.
How would i accomplish this? I am currently getting 60 VPS and 30 FPS and 30 just doesn't cut it playing on my 42 inch tv.
Thanks!

Game is locked at 30 FPS AFAIK... Kinda like Dark Souls.

EDIT:
Did you mean this? from the KSBBS thread?
Quote:BTW, I made a cheat that you can unlock the gameplay to be rendered on 60FPS instead of 30FPS.
Try to use atleast 333MHz as CPU Frequency though (I'd say more if you can)

_C1 Force 60 FPS Mode
_L 0x21725EC8 0x00000000
Doesn't work on MHP3rd.

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Hurrfdurrf22 - 07-09-2013 06:09 PM

Game crashed while I was savestating with F2. Is it a known/common issue ?

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Reaver the Reav - 07-09-2013 09:31 PM

(07-09-2013 05:27 PM)rodimustheogre Wrote:  Game works great guys thanks for all your hard work.
Thanks!
The game itself is hard-coded with a 30FPS limit. You can get more VPS out of the emulator (which means the frames outputted by the emulator application), but that'll simply speed the game up. Which is great for gathering runs, but not for regular gameplay.

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - TheDax - 07-10-2013 01:01 AM

(07-09-2013 06:09 PM)Hurrfdurrf22 Wrote:  Game crashed while I was savestating with F2. Is it a known/common issue ?

Does it still crash with a fresh ppsspp.ini? What revision? We need more info..

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - joekenton - 07-10-2013 01:02 AM

There needs to be a warning implemented into the emulator when you save states telling you that they won't be usable when you update. It hasn't affected me but it seems to be a common problem.

Also any news about the hot springs crash? It's not a huge deal as you can save before hand just in case.

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - TheDax - 07-10-2013 01:05 AM

What hot springs crash?

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - joekenton - 07-10-2013 01:10 AM

Oh I thought it was a known bug. Around 30% of the time I enter the hot spring (when you press square to get changed) the emulator crashes as you come out the other side. Seems to happen more often when finishing a guild or hot springs quest and going straight to the hot spring without leaving the building. Also I'm still experiencing heavy slowdown in full screen but have 6 hours logged of non-laggy windowed play.

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Drigorn - 07-10-2013 02:27 AM

I've been playing the game for a while now and I started encountering a problem. I was fighting dobel and when I switched from one area to the next the screen started to flicker a lot. It stopped after 5 or 6 seconds. I didn't think much of it as this was the fight time it happened. While still fighting dobel this happened again. Then while fighting Quropeco it happened again but only for 2 seconds. It doesn't stop the gameplay but it makes it look like the game froze, but it really isn't.
I'm running the dev build 0.8.1-429-gbab3027.

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Villori - 07-10-2013 07:53 AM

(07-10-2013 01:10 AM)joekenton Wrote:  Oh I thought it was a known bug. Around 30% of the time I enter the hot spring (when you press square to get changed) the emulator crashes as you come out the other side. Seems to happen more often when finishing a guild or hot springs quest and going straight to the hot spring without leaving the building. Also I'm still experiencing heavy slowdown in full screen but have 6 hours logged of non-laggy windowed play.

It happened to me and I just updated to the latest build and no more crashes.

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Hurrfdurrf22 - 07-10-2013 08:42 AM

(07-10-2013 01:01 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  
(07-09-2013 06:09 PM)Hurrfdurrf22 Wrote:  Game crashed while I was savestating with F2. Is it a known/common issue ?

Does it still crash with a fresh ppsspp.ini? What revision? We need more info..

It happened to me a few times before my post. When I started playing again half an hour later it wasnt crashing and I wasnt able to get the game to crash again with a quicksave. Tried saving multiple times in quick succession, saving before,during,after loading screens, saving during combat and nothing crashed the emulator.

I didnt change anything inbetween, most probably it was something unrelated to the emulator.

as for the usual fluff I am/was using .8.1-481-gf2e7399

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - TheDax - 07-10-2013 05:42 PM

A minor update in regards to the right analog stick bind:

I forgot that you can use any page in the controller config to bind any button on any device you have connected(big props to [Unknown]!). With that said, you can for instance, on the "pad" page, bind the dpad to your controller's dpad, and then on say..the x360 page, set the dpad to your right analog stick, and they'll work in conjunction. I'd suggest unbinding the rest of the xbox keys though, just to be safe..

RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER - Nanoha.Pwns.You - 07-10-2013 06:06 PM

(07-10-2013 05:42 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  A minor update in regards to the right analog stick bind:

I forgot that you can use any page in the controller config to bind any button on any device you have connected(big props to [Unknown]!). With that said, you can for instance, on the "pad" page, bind the dpad to your controller's dpad, and then on say..the x360 page, set the dpad to your right analog stick, and they'll work in conjunction. I'd suggest unbinding the rest of the xbox keys though, just to be safe..
It works... except I still have that deadzone issue on the RAS. A behavior that was absent when RightStickBind=n was still around T_T

I've checked my controller to see if it is defective by playing other games which also uses the same configuration for x360ce (Deadpool and Dark Souls), and I ruled out a defective controller (Silver DualShock 2) because it behaves well, but is finicky in PPSSPP builds after around ppsspp-v0.8.1-98-g0d0e1db.

So I just conceded myself to play MHP3rd on that build as because it doesn't have issues with the controls. Oh well, I am only missing the sound effects, not really much of a big deal since the game runs mighty fine already. Thanks for all the hard work!

EDIT: Only the Left direction (Z Axis - ?) is showing this behavior
Nudging the RAS to the left will, depending on context:
1. Scrolls menus to the left until I nudge the RAS to the right
2. Rotates the camera to the left also until I nudge the RAS to the right