forums.PPSSPP.org
Full screen + Vsync + texture scaling = performance loss - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Full screen + Vsync + texture scaling = performance loss (/showthread.php?tid=4120)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Full screen + Vsync + texture scaling = performance loss - DJoneK - 06-19-2013 06:36 PM

(06-18-2013 11:35 AM)Henrik Wrote:  We need to make the resolution system a bit more flexible so you can run at non-full resolution while still scaling to full screen. This should let your GPU keep up - it's obvious that it's falling _just_ a little behind.

Yes! I love it when emulators keep the original pixelated look, even when full screen. I usually don't like the fancy visual upgrades they provide. I know, it's weird, but for some reason, that's what I always prefer. Basically just have 1x blown up to full screen resolution with no filtering whatsoever. If this is implemented, I'm set. Big Grin

RE: Full screen + Vsync + texture scaling = performance loss - Marcelo_20XX - 06-22-2013 06:28 PM

I would love to have this implemented as well, since only 1280x720 give me constant 60FPS and my desktop is set to 1920x1080, whenever I switch to fullscreen I get huge FPS drops. But that doesnt happen if I set the desktop res to 1280x720 beforehand.

So an option to set the resolution of the fullscreen mode would be great, thanks