forums.PPSSPP.org
PPSSPP Feature Request Page - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: PPSSPP Feature Request Page (/showthread.php?tid=3252)

RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page - LunaMoo - 09-26-2013 02:22 PM

Buildbot simply doesn't have shader filesTongue, so FXAA is only for those who have the source and compile it on their own until it'll be fixed, on the other side I added KrossX coloring shader(part of his HLSL bloom shader) adding to FXAA to get colored FXAA just like one of the pcsx2 "external shaders"(yes ppsspp use external shader files! meaning we can port HLSL shaders easily or just use any other GLSL shadders we want^^) and the results are great ;O

Some comparism screenshots:
No shader:
[attachment=8686]

Default FXAA:
[attachment=8687]

Colored FXAA:
[attachment=8688]

low res to make FXAA effect be more noticeable so don't expect fireworks, but it has great potential^_^
Edit: for those with bad sight, the difference in aliasing is clearly visible on swords on the rightSmile, colored version is simple port of Colored FXAA from pcsx2, kind of add a bit life to the colors.

Oh and for those who cannot wait till buildbot fix or want modified shader to get colored FXAA, I uploaded my shaders here(includes default+colored and readme where to put them).

RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page - TheDax - 09-26-2013 02:56 PM

The latest revision(v0.9.1-1246-g6143cfa) has the shaders.

RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page - GuilhermeGS2 - 09-26-2013 06:32 PM

Nice, but ufortunately not works on Android. Sad

RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page - TheDax - 09-26-2013 08:14 PM

It's disabled for mobile platforms.

RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page - GuilhermeGS2 - 09-27-2013 02:13 PM

How disabled? The option not works? Because the option is visible on my phone.

RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page - TheDax - 09-27-2013 02:19 PM

It's always set to false no matter what you set it to.

RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page - LunaMoo - 09-27-2013 03:35 PM

There's quite alot of info on the net that mobile gpu's just cannot handle FXAA with any decent speed, it was probably disabled to avoid extra drama and posts about 1-5 fps on powerfull devices since the shader looks as already changed to work under OpenGL ES 2.0.^_^

Edit: Oh apparently it also required more code support(only checked shader^^) it's now enabled on android as well, ~wonder how's the speed. :o

RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page - Maverick81PL - 09-28-2013 02:08 AM

I found on latest build option "low quality spline/bezier curves (speed up) low version"
Are you planing HIGH version of this options for PC gaming??

Also can you implement different shaders for FXAA options (more options, colored default, medium, high. blur ON, blur OFF, ambient occlusion...)

RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page - TheDax - 09-28-2013 02:10 AM

Erm..if the low quality option is off, high quality is already enabled.

RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page - TempestDream - 09-28-2013 12:06 PM

Hey

Can we also map buttons to the left and right click of the mouse (e.g. triangle and circle) in addition to mapping directional buttons to x and y axis of mouse movement? Sorry if this has been requested before but I would just like to bring out this point again.

RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page - Maverick81PL - 09-28-2013 12:32 PM

(09-28-2013 02:10 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  Erm..if the low quality option is off, high quality is already enabled.

I try old version and latest build on some games and I don't see any difference Undecided This work in Monster Hunter 3rd HD??

RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page - Ritori - 09-28-2013 12:48 PM

(09-28-2013 12:32 PM)Maverick81PL Wrote:  
(09-28-2013 02:10 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  Erm..if the low quality option is off, high quality is already enabled.

I try old version and latest build on some games and I don't see any difference Undecided This work in Monster Hunter 3rd HD??

Then that mean this game don't use any bezier soo it don't give any effect Smile
(only certain game use it geb,ge2,locoroco? and other Big Grin )

RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page - VIRGIN KLM - 09-28-2013 02:55 PM

(09-26-2013 09:53 AM)Henrik Wrote:  You guys can check off FXAA now Smile (It's the easiest of the new fancy AA methods to integrate, so I did it first. SMAA is considerably more complicated).
Oh! SMAA! I just noticed it! I thought you said MSAA. I was about to request SMAA/MLAA. Looking forward to it.
Edit: Thought SMAA is DX only(?)

RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page - Henrik - 09-28-2013 07:28 PM

Nah, it's possible to do in OpenGL too. It's just an algorithm implemented as a sequence of shader passes, it doesn't require any specific hardware features (except for fairly advanced pixel shaders of course).

RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page - dara007_168 - 09-29-2013 08:12 AM

Hey I think it will be cool if ppsspp have wlan so we can play multiplayer games. It's cool if possible .Just asking is it possible or not