forums.PPSSPP.org
Moving Save Files From Machine to Machine - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Moving Save Files From Machine to Machine (/showthread.php?tid=26480)

Moving Save Files From Machine to Machine - CatMorgan - 05-21-2020 02:24 PM

Hi!

I looked for this and I found some things that are close but not exact. I want to move my games saves from my tower to my laptop on OSX Mojave. Do I need to move native game saves or PPSSPP save states, will it see them if I move them and where are they/where do they need to go? Having some system resource issues and want to try on another machine.

Thanks!

RE: Moving Save Files From Machine to Machine - ref_k - 05-27-2020 04:36 AM

in your Document folder, you got ppsspp folder and inside it PSP folder
it got few folders, the ones you need is SAVEDATE (for the memstick) and PPSSPP_STATE (for the save states)
but as i know, if you got defferant ppsspp version, you wont be able to open the save stats on the other one, just the save from the memstick

RE: Moving Save Files From Machine to Machine - Alan Ashe - 05-29-2020 02:16 PM

Would I be ok just transferring the entire PPSSPP folder onto a flash drive, then transferring it from the flash drive to the other machine? Or would I have to start everything over if I did that?

RE: Moving Save Files From Machine to Machine - ref_k - 05-30-2020 06:22 PM

(05-29-2020 02:16 PM)Alan Ashe Wrote:  Would I be ok just transferring the entire PPSSPP folder onto a flash drive, then transferring it from the flash drive to the other machine? Or would I have to start everything over if I did that?

the ppsspp folder contains the main program (emulator) but ot the save files, they are located on the My Document folder under PSP folder

RE: Moving Save Files From Machine to Machine - Alan Ashe - 06-01-2020 10:43 AM

Glad I asked (and finally received an answer)