forums.PPSSPP.org
Legend of heroes prophecy of moonlight witch problem - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Legend of heroes prophecy of moonlight witch problem (/showthread.php?tid=24794)

Legend of heroes prophecy of moonlight witch problem - superzeno - 11-30-2018 01:26 AM

Hi long time lurker first time poster. I recently downloaded the ppsspp for the android but I am having a problem with one of the games, legend of heroes prophecy of moonlight witch. In the game when ever I am in battle mode my character and monster sprites seem to be stuck in a picture. Like they look like unmoving pictures in rectancular box and the surrounding graphic animation just move around the sprites. When I try it on my laptop however it looks just find, so what the problem? What setting do I need to use to fic this, or can someone tell me whats happening to the sprite in the game please.

RE: Legend of heroes prophecy of moonlight witch problem - [Unknown] - 11-30-2018 02:49 PM

Try setting:

* Vertex cache OFF
* Retain changed textures OFF
* Lazy texture caching OFF

They can cause glitches like what you've described.

-[Unknown]

RE: Legend of heroes prophecy of moonlight witch problem - clort78 - 04-05-2021 05:49 PM

(11-30-2018 02:49 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Try setting:

* Vertex cache OFF
* Retain changed textures OFF
* Lazy texture caching OFF

They can cause glitches like what you've described.

-[Unknown]

Testing builds of PPSSPPSDL git master on AARCH64 linux with Panfrost (FOSS) GPU drivers.
git master commit 39198b53a521ae7d8031303173b1b12164659017 (feb 23, 2021)

API v3.0.0 ES / Shading OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00

Build config SDL:Linux, arm64, Driver Mali G52 (Panfrost), NDEBUG // USING_GLES2 // ARM_NEON.

The Legend of Heroes Trails + SC and Crossbel Arc and most games render fine.

Legend of Heroes: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch and Song of The Ocean (eng) have problems.

Title Screen and videos play fine. The SoTO scripted beginning (seagull flight) renders fine.
[Image: -cjG.jpg]

Tried vertex cache, retain textures and texture caching off.

GPU Driver test reports all okay:
Problem appears under wayland/wayfire and Xorg.

MD5Sums of problem isos:

f8e86ae153bb91c21b922e5ef6337f37 Legend_of_Heroes_2_ProphecyOTMW.iso

02a36b9fbb1b94ec8e43f9bf93219647 Legend_of_Heroes_3-Song_of_TO.iso

I'm guessing it's not a GPU driver issue on my system but rather something specific to PPSSPP and these particular titles. I have tested through many combinations of rendering and cpu options.

Anyone else see similar issues?

RE: Legend of heroes prophecy of moonlight witch problem - [Unknown] - 04-08-2021 03:06 AM

That's bizarre, definitely looks like a driver issue. I've played through Song of the Ocean from start to finish in PPSSPP with no issues, though only on Windows (x64) and Android (aarch64) on a git commit from 2 years ago. But it still works from what I can see.

Different games render differently, and this game might be using a combination of alpha testing and depth testing that Trails in the Sky wouldn't. The driver tests haven't been very comprehensive - they're mostly ones we've reported to vendors specifically.

Are you able to try Vulkan on the same device? We've definitely seen bad Vulkan drivers too, but I think the Mali ones have been pretty decent generally. That chip should be Vulkan capable.

-[Unknown]