forums.PPSSPP.org
PPSSPP iOS emulator crashing during persona 3? - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Builds, releases and ports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: iOS port (/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: PPSSPP iOS emulator crashing during persona 3? (/showthread.php?tid=14110)

PPSSPP iOS emulator crashing during persona 3? - Jonaphan - 12-13-2014 08:19 PM

When I launch p3p everything works fine for the most part. However when I try to kill the first enemy in tartarus, it will always crash. The emulator crashes and brings me back to my phone screen. Is this a known problem?

RE: PPSSPP iOS emulator crashing during persona 3? - vnctdj - 12-13-2014 10:31 PM

Moved.

RE: PPSSPP iOS emulator crashing during persona 3? - Zaknafein777 - 12-14-2014 03:21 AM

Hey Jonathan, I've had a very similar issue with a couple games in IOS. Just for giggles can you try the same part with JIT unchecked in the developer tools? I've found several hard crash spots in games like 3rd B-day and FF type 0 that can be by passed by disabling JIT, getting passed the part, then reenabling it. Unfortunately in both of these games it seems to reoccur frequently being a giant pain in the rump. What stinks is just about every game I've thrown at PPSSPP on IOS my iPhone 6 + plays like a champ. The only games i've really had to highly adjust are the GOW games but even those are completely playable and look amazing when optimized.

RE: PPSSPP iOS emulator crashing during persona 3? - MNGreat - 12-15-2014 05:32 AM

Whats your settings on the 6+? Recently been getting some homescreen crash when playing mhp3rd when finishing a quest or just by saving states. Also, i cant save for some reason. It shows a memory card issue so i use states instead.

RE: PPSSPP iOS emulator crashing during persona 3? - Zaknafein777 - 12-15-2014 11:14 PM

It really just depends on what game you are playing but most games run good with the default settings, 2x Psp resolution, and fast memory, multithread, and i/o on thread unticked. If the game is a little more intense (not hitting over 30 FPS) like GOW i'll enable frameskipping at 1 or 3. Not rocket science but it seems to be pretty effective. The only quick ideas I can come up with for you are making sure fast memory, multithread, and I/0 are all unticked and your running with everything else default. I bought unite for IOS so I didn't load MHP3rd. If I get a free sec I'll load it up to see if I run into the same issues.

The only two things that I know with certainty is that non-buffered rendering offers a huge speed boost but is almost never worth it, so stay buffered. And not having JIT enabled sucks a fat one.

Sometimes I mess with some of the the hacks or enabling fast memory/multithread but I don't really notice much of a difference and they seem to cause random crashes from time to time. But, I will say I don't run into many random crashes. Most of the problems I find are hard crashes, or they seem to happen every time regardless of settings.

RE: PPSSPP iOS emulator crashing during persona 3? - MNGreat - 12-16-2014 01:10 AM

Oh okay. I keep those 3, multithread, fast mem and io ticked all the time. Probably the reason for crashes. And i also run on non buffered. Guess il go try out your settings then. Thanks for the reply buddy.